John Eustace

David

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just 'googled' him - has been loaned out and injured a few times, but has impressed the Hornet's with his tough tackling, passing and ball skill's - just what we need - know's our friend Atwell very well as well - Eustace is the one that supposedly scored an own goal in the 2-2 draw with Reading.

Coventry City & loans

Eustace was a trainee at Coventry City and in his seven years at the club he only recorded 86 appearances due to injuries.At 19 he went out on loan to Dundee Unitedto gain first team experience. He played eleven matches and scored one goal, becoming a firm favourite with United fans who voted him their young player of the year.

He returned to Coventry where he began to enjoy long periods in the first team over the following four seasons, and was named as captain , by former manager Gordon Strachan. However in 2001 Eustace was struck down with a knee injury which kept him sidelined for 6 months. He returned to action in February 2002 but during the 2002–03 season Eustace found himself being loaned out again, this time to, , Middlesbrough making only one substitute appearance, away to Liverpool. So at the start of 2003, Eustace left Coventry for Stoke City.

Stoke City

Eustace's Stoke career started brightly after he made his debut at Stoke in a 3–0 win over Derby County at the start of the 2003–04 season, the midfielder helped the side to 11th place in the Championship and scored six goals. Unfortunately, injury problems have restricted him to a handful of appearances over the last two seasons. His last league appearance for 'The Potters' came in their 1–0 win over Wigan Athletic in February 2005 . Eustace suffered a knee injury and was then substituted, in only his 8th appearance of the season. It later became clear that Eustace injury would keep him out for several months. He missed all of the 2005-06 campaign because of the injury. However, Eustace signed a 1 year contract extension at the beginning of the season, which lasted until the end of the 2006–07 season.

Eustace returned from his long injury lay off in June 2006. He made his first appearance for Stoke City in over 18 months in their 2-0 friendly win over local opposition Newcastle Town.

Hereford loan

On 13 October 2006 he joined Hereford United on loan to gain first team football to aid his comeback. During his time at Edgar Street he was a key part of the Hereford midfield, and his loan was extended to the New Year. However on 14 December 2006 he was suddenly recalled by Stoke due to them suffering several injuries in midfield.

John's grandfather Ken Eustace also played one match for Hereford during the 1949-50 season.

Return to Stoke

Eustace returned to the Stoke starting line up in the 3rd round FA Cup match against Millwall. On 11 February 2007, he started his first league match of the season in Stoke's 1–0 loss to Birmingham City. Eustace later signed a one-year contract extension with the club, which runs out in the summer of 2008.

Watford

On the 31st January 2008, Eustace joined Watford from Stoke City for a fee of £250,000. Since signing Eustace has impressed the Hornets fans with his tough tackling, no-nonsense attitude, and his passing skills and composure on the ball - something Watford had lacked in the centre of midfield before his arrival. On September 20, 2008, Eustace scored a bizarre opening own goal in the game between Watford and Reading, where a goalmouth scramble saw the ball go nowhere near the goal line, despite the linesman flagging for a goal to the bemusement of all the players. The game ended Watford 2-2 Reading.

The Mail got it spot on for once As Vicky said he has signed till the end of the season.

Watford midfielder John Eustace has joined Derby County on loan until the end of the season.

Rams boss Nigel Clough has signed the 29-year-old to provide cover for his injury-hit squad ahead of tomorrow’s Championship match at Southampton.

Eustace has made 17 appearances for the Hornets this season, including 14 starts, but is currently out of the first-team picture and has not featured since the home win against Norwich City on December 10.

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/watford-midfielder-set-to-join-rams-on-loan]http://therams.co.uk/stories/watford-midfi...in-rams-on-loan

My friend who is a Stoke supporter had the following to say about him...

SJE = Super John Eustace....

SJE was Coventry's youngest ever captain by the age of 20/21 under Gordon Strachan. A couple of years ago through SCFC, he had extensive cruciate ligament restorative surgery in the U.S. which has hopefully finally cured a problem that has dogged him before and during his time at Stoke. The Stoke fans loved him because of his energy to move a game on, grit in the tackle, creative surges forward and never-say-die attitude. If he can regain his full fitness and form, he is a Premiership player in my opinion, but if not, he will always give and inspire in others 100%.

[/FONT]

<span style="font-family:Arial">I'll be watching and hoping for the playoffs - so you'll just have to be ready!!!

[FONT=Arial]Super John, Super John, Super John Eustace.</span>

My friend supports Derby as his second team as he was the bloke who made the Bloomer Bust..

Originally posted by vicky-27;4786

The bloke that made the Bloomer statue is a Stoke fan !

Wish i was going to Southampton now. = Let's hope he plays v Sheff then .

Yep a Stokie, potteries and all that, that is why he knows his clay work...Derby his his second team for various reasons.

seems decent to me, well could be any reasons we dont know of david, i bet blackpool was saying the same thing about dicko when we loaned him out and was banging goals in for them, we dont know the full story

everytime iv seen him play has been decent though, so its all i can go on lol

Loan signing Eustace hoping for a longer deal with Rams

NEW loan signing John Eustace is hoping to earn himself a longer contract at Derby County.

The 29-year-old central midfielder has joined the Rams from Watford until the end of the season and is set to make his debut at Southampton tonight.

He has been out of the first-team picture at Watford under manager Brendan Rodgers and the last of his 17 appearances for the Hornets this season was in December.

“The new manager came in and had his opinion on things,†said Eustace.

“That’s football and you just get on with it and hope somebody else wants to take you.

“I have not been playing at Watford and I want to play first-team football. Luckily, Derby have come in for me.

“I found out about Derby’s interest on Saturday and I just hoped it would happen. It has and I am really excited to be here.

“Nigel Clough has started to turn things round and it seems an exciting place to be.

“There has been no talk of anything further than the end of the season but it’s up to me to prove my worth here and, hopefully, I can do that.

“Hopefully I can earn a longer stay.â€Â

Eustace started his career at Coventry City and played for the Sky Blues in the Premiership.

He had loan seplls at Dundee United and Middlesbrough before he joined Stoke City on a free in July 2003.

He made 84 appearances for the Potters, scoring six goals, and played 26 games in their promotion campaign last season.

In January last year, he made a £250,000 move to Watford and helped them to reach the play-offs.

Now back in the Midlands, he was born in Solihull, he is looking forward to his new challenge at Derby and partnering Robbie Savage in midfield.

“Robbie has been a top player for a lot of years and I’m glad to see him playing well at the moment,†said Eustace.

“Hopefully, I can come in and help the team and we can form a good partnership.

“I’ve not played since December but I am raring to go, hungry to play.

“I have kept fit, I feel fit and we will see how it goes.â€Â

Eustace knows Rams players Jordan Stewart and Nathan Ellington from Watford, and Kris Commons from their time at Stoke.

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/loan-signing-eustace-hoping-for-a-longer-deal-with-rams]http://therams.co.uk/stories/loan-signing-...-deal-with-rams

Archived