just giving rams fan

jimbobram

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

If they have owt about them they will put a grand or 2 in his forgiving page for him not just putting a statement out their! 

Don't understand your thinking behind this. They are going above and beyond with what they have already done. As well as having him as a guest for the away fixture.

What would a grand or 2 achieve?

16 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

If they have owt about them they will put a grand or 2 in his forgiving page for him not just putting a statement out their! 

They’d essentially be putting a price tag on bullying and abuse, which would be strange in my opinion.

By offering him what they have already is a much nicer gesture, and goes much further in distancing the club from the behaviour from one individual rather than just sending him some money to say sorry.

28 minutes ago, Kernow said:

They’d essentially be putting a price tag on bullying and abuse, which would be strange in my opinion.

By offering him what they have already is a much nicer gesture, and goes much further in distancing the club from the behaviour from one individual rather than just sending him some money to say sorry.

Plus the fact that they have no responsibility for their fans whatsoever and have nothing to apologise for as a club.

6 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Don't understand your thinking behind this. They are going above and beyond with what they have already done. As well as having him as a guest for the away fixture.

What would a grand or 2 achieve?

Alot to a kid like that, otherwise why set up a giving page to him? 

45 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

I've already asked that question. Nottingham Forest, Derby County and the police are dealing with the situation very well. Not one of them deserve criticism in this case.

3 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

According to the horses mouth, it's "...so he can kit himself out in whatever Derby stuff he wants and be allowed to show his support without prejudice."

They've now surpassed the intended £1K Target, so there's no need for the club(s) to be donating (money).

As said, the statements, reactions, and pledges by the clubs (and police) are more than acceptable, imo.

UPDATE (From the giving page linked in post #1):

"I have now made contact with Charlie's dad. After purchasing Charlie the new kit and getting his name printed, it is the request of the family that the rest of the money goes to Umbrella. A charity that works with Charlie and his family to arrange trips. They have expressed their deep gratitude and thank everyone. They have also requested that the video be took down so that they can forget this ordeal. I also want to tell you all how greatly appreciative I am to everyone who helped me help Charlie. It really does restore your faith. Cheers."

Archived