SPOTY

CWC1983

Poll on twitter below

I went for 8

A #SPOTY2018 Survey.

These are the last 17 winners.

Be honest, how many of them do you think took PEDs?

L Lewis
S Redgrave
D Beckham
P Radcliffe
J Wilkinson
K Holmes
A Flintoff
Z Phillips
J Calzaghe
C Hoy
R Giggs
AP McCoy
M Cavendish
B Wiggins
A Murray
L Hamilton
M Farah

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Poll on twitter below

I went for 8

A #SPOTY2018 Survey.

L Lewis
S Redgrave
D Beckham
P Radcliffe
J Wilkinson
K Holmes
A Flintoff
Z Phillips
J Calzaghe
C Hoy
R Giggs
AP McCoy
M Cavendish
B Wiggins
A Murray
L Hamilton
M Farah

Did Zara Phillips win a public vote? Surely not?

Netballs commonwealth gold voted moment of the year. Yeah I remember everyone dancing in the pubs and streets when that happened  ???? gender diversity boxed ticked right there BBC ??

10 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Netballs commonwealth gold voted moment of the year. Yeah I remember everyone dancing in the pubs and streets when that happened  ???? gender diversity boxed ticked right there BBC ??

Yeah of all the things that should have been nailed on for the World Cup team it was the moment we beat Colombia on pens.

25 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Get in your car tonight and drive flat out for two hours straight. See if your heart rate isn't up and you're not mentally exhausted.

In Asia whilst wearing a fire retardant jumpsuit and helmet with no air con.

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Get in your car tonight and drive flat out for two hours straight. See if your heart rate isn't up and you're not mentally exhausted.

Might as well have computer games in there too then. And combine with that Come Dancing show that Forsyth presents.

And if biking, maybe other recreational activities like birdwatching?

27 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Might as well have computer games in there too then. And combine with that Come Dancing show that Forsyth presents.

And if biking, maybe other recreational activities like birdwatching?

I think you are confusing you tucking your trousers into your socks and pootling around on your Raleigh with one of the most demanding sports there is.

3 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Poll on twitter below

I went for 8

A #SPOTY2018 Survey.

L Lewis
S Redgrave
D Beckham
P Radcliffe
J Wilkinson
K Holmes
A Flintoff
Z Phillips
J Calzaghe
C Hoy
R Giggs
AP McCoy
M Cavendish
B Wiggins
A Murray
L Hamilton
M Farah

The problem with that question is: "what is a PED?"  Say, just as a random example, a rugby player takes a painkiller to go out and play (an issue which has been discussed in the press a lot this week), is that a PED?  Without the drug he (she) wouldn't be able to play well. Does that make it performance enhancing? I couldn't imagine being able to cycle 150 miles on the flat in a week let alone up the Alps in a day without being out of my skull on something, nor run a marathon in 3 hours.  I'd absolutely need something extra to get me on any horse in the first place never mind race over fences at 40mph.

It's pointless.  All these people are extremely good sportspeople in their chosen field.  Some are the best in the world at what they've chosen to do.  And if the current rules of the game allow them (and others) to pass whatever tests are set then so be it; if the future reassesses their cleanliness then so be that too.

6 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

The problem with that question is: "what is a PED?"  Say, just as a random example, a rugby player takes a painkiller to go out and play (an issue which has been discussed in the press a lot this week), is that a PED?  Without the drug he (she) wouldn't be able to play well. Does that make it performance enhancing? I couldn't imagine being able to cycle 150 miles on the flat in a week let alone up the Alps in a day without being out of my skull on something, nor run a marathon in 3 hours.  I'd absolutely need something extra to get me on any horse in the first place never mind race over fences at 40mph.

It's pointless.  All these people are extremely good sportspeople in their chosen field.  Some are the best in the world at what they've chosen to do.  And if the current rules of the game allow them (and others) to pass whatever tests are set then so be it; if the future reassesses their cleanliness then so be that too.

I dont think its pointless at all. I get the bit about taking something legal, like your rugby player example, but if its taking something illegal and youve found a way to hide or mask it, its cheating. 

Archived