Arsene Titman

Andy King - Signed on Loan

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's a ball winner first and foremost - more of a Eustace than a Thorne (at the moment)

Ha, I think the exact opposite, I've found his passing pretty impressive! He had a couple of brilliant assists in the last u23 game.

43 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Ha, I think the exact opposite, I've found his passing pretty impressive! He had a couple of brilliant assists in the last u23 game.

I’d say so too from what I’ve seen of him, deffo a cdm tho out of position against Southampton, needs to be played deeper as he doesn’t appear thaaaaat mobile. More of a Thorne than a eustace for me

When George Thorne was playing in that CDM role for under 23s Bird got pushed further forward and I think his form suffered a bit as a consequence.  He's looked great since he's been back in there and passes very well from deep.

My only concern is his strength when he will generally have much closer attention  in the Championship than at under 23 level.

But our current midfield gap does seem to be further forward, which is why I would prefer to see Sibley given a go. He would do just that (give it a go!)  and would drive into the box.

Both good young midfielders but play very different roles. 

Posted (edited)

What age are Bird and Sibley in relation to Mount and Wilson ?………. Exactly so give them a go.

Wilson also needs a player with him to play one twos with.

Edited by hintonsboots

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

What age are Bird and Sibley in relation to Mount and Wilson ?………. Exactly so give them a go.

Wilson also needs a player with him to play one twos with.

A year older than Chris Martin @RoyMac5 will tell you 😆

Max Bird 18

Louie Sibley 17

Mason Mount 20

Harry Wilson 22 this month

1 hour ago, David said:

A year older than Chris Martin @RoyMac5 will tell you 😆

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Huh? I was talking about Waghorn. 

Waghorn, a year older than CM, surely not