Andy King - Signed on Loan

Arsene Titman

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Sometimes the links to players who have played together at former clubs makes me laugh, just because they were at a club together doesn't mean they got on or were mates. They could of disliked each other  for all we know.

It's more a case of how easy it will be to settle at a new club, having familiar faces (6 in King's case) can only help, especially at this stage of a season when you dont want to cause too much disruption in the dressing room

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Looks likely then, not convinced fer will leave given he’ll likely demand big wages as well. Can’t say I’m too enamoured but like I say he’s decent enough, just not really much of an upgrade. Another option but can’t help but feel we needed someone special and hughesque alongside Mount more than anything.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

It's more a case of how easy it will be to settle at a new club, having familiar faces (6 in King's case) can only help, especially at this stage of a season when you dont want to cause too much disruption in the dressing room

How much game time has he had this season? He’s a very good player at this level but we haven’t got the luxury of playing him into fitness if he’s not match fit. 

Always thought he was a decent pro to be fair. We've banged on about our midfield balance (or lack of it) all year and King would seem a good fit on that basis, but then what do I know? Guess we place our trust in Frank again. If he's keen then that's good enough for me, I suppose. 

I'd be in favour of this in an attempt to add more balance to our midfield. We have too many times this season been bypassed in midfield. Sometimes it doesn't even look like we have one at all if we find ourselves unable to get to grips with a game. We haven't quite found the perfect trio in our formation, despite how individually talented players such as Mount, Wilson and Huddlestone are.

We're currently far too reliant on these players, and with the Mount injury from the Accrington game, many were rightfully worried about just how big an impact it would have on our side.

King has only turned 30 in the last couple months, so he's far from past-it, he's just had a lack of football which was due to being in a team which accelerated extremely quickly in terms of achievement. It doesn't make him a bad player.

If we could manage to get rid of some of our deadwood midfielders and get King in, the deal may not even cost us a lot, if anything at all. It's a big if, but it would be a step-forward in the strength of our squad.

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I'd be in favour of this in an attempt to add more balance to our midfield. We have too many times this season been bypassed in midfield. Sometimes it doesn't even look like we have one at all if we find ourselves unable to get to grips with a game. We haven't quite found the perfect trio in our formation, despite how individually talented players such as Mount, Wilson and Huddlestone are.

We're currently far too reliant on these players, and with the Mount injury from the Accrington game, many were rightfully worried about just how big an impact it would have on our side.

King has only turned 30 in the last couple years, so he's far from past-it, he's just had a lack of football which was due to being in a team which accelerated extremely quickly in terms of achievement. It doesn't make him a bad player.

If we could manage to get rid of some of our deadwood midfielders and get King in, the deal may not even cost us a lot, if anything at all. It's a big if, but it would be a step-forward in the strength of our squad.

He turned 30 in October

44 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Sometimes the links to players who have played together at former clubs makes me laugh, just because they were at a club together doesn't mean they got on or were mates. They could of disliked each other  for all we know.

Get your point, very true, but Waghorn appears to like him. 

More recently (username change)...

And it’s impossible not to like Nugent! ?

259250D9-D2E3-4935-89F7-7E81FE1316FA.jpeg

255C6385-5F33-4AA9-972F-83D42A00C66B.jpeg

Archived