Andy King - Signed on Loan

Arsene Titman

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rumours usually have some basis in them... of which positions we have been scouting for instance.

Noticeable (and surprising) we are not being linked with any centre backs at the moment.

The King and Kamara rumours do suggest we are looking to make some changes in central midfield. Mount is a shoe-in. Who plays in the other two slots still up for grabs it would seem.

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

The King and Kamara rumours do suggest we are looking to make some changes in central midfield. Mount is a shoe-in. Who plays in the other two slots still up for grabs it would seem.

I suspect it's more to do with next season than this season - Lampard seems to be bringing in players he sees for the next 2-3 years at least - And I keeping banging on that officially our CM options by August 2019 are Holmes and Evans - Bit light for a 3-man midfield

• 1 month later...

Surely this would only be happening if some centre mids are close to leaving? Got plenty who are out of favour. Maybe loan with a view to a permanent? We need some CM's on permanent deals.

Ledley, Wilson & Lawrence with the Welsh connection to get him to join!

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Really? He’s pretty distinctly average to me. I mean we do need numbers in centre mid so if he’s cheap I can understand it, rather a bigger upgrade on what we have though. It’s an area that definately needs work.

Remember thinking the same of Matt Oakley.....

Ledley Bryson Johnson Butterfield Huddlestone - all out of contract in the summer. Leaves us with Evans, Thorne & Holmes if you want to class him as a cm plus youngsters like Bird & Elsnik so we need some more players in there.

But I can't see us going for him now unless 1 or 2 of the previously mentioned are on their way out?

Archived