Christmas shopping

FindernRam

If anything defines the sexes quicker than anything else it's Christmas Shopping. I've just spent a stressful hour or so in Intu, the differences are very clear:

The ladies look purposeful, a hint of excitement as they get the glint of battle in their eyes, striding from shop to shop, scattering all before them as they hunt their prey; pausing only to examine a chiffon scarf or top as they pass. (How can you tell what something on a hanger will look like on a random shaped body?). Sometimes they have servants, usually male, a mandatory 10 yards behind them! Whoops of joy indicate a successful hunt. When the quota is filled they announce to the world in a loud shriek, "That's it I'm all done"!

Men, have a head down submissive posture, a look of utter defeat in their eyes.as they trudge around. Totally confused where the various departments are and praying for a fire alarm. If they linger in lingerie, a look of defiance creeps in that says "I am NOT a perv".  Jewellery shop assistants are ready to pounce with well rehearsed patter. And you can always hear men humming the shopping chant--" Must keep the receipt!"

Merry Christmas to one and all!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird but every year, our Christmas shopping just seems to sort of do itself. The same happened with organising our wedding.

I've tried saying to Mrs Wolfie how spooky it is but she just gives me a funny look. She probably didn't hear me.

3 hours ago, David said:

If it’s not on Amazon, you’re not having it. Simple and effective way of handling Christmas shopping

I know Findern is not the most trend setting place, but the morning crowd in the paper shop were staggered when one person declared he had never heard of E-bay.

3 hours ago, David said:

If it’s not on Amazon, you’re not having it. Simple and effective way of handling Christmas shopping

Ordered from your expensive iPhone no doubt?

Archived