Whats the difference.

is archie gemmill a Ram or a Red dog?

is peter shilton a Ram or a Red dog?

is petet taylor a ram or a Red dog?

is Brian clough a ram or a red dog?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to go to watch the Rams with a bunch of highly critical, very opinionated ten year olds. We all thought that John McGovern was rubbish because he never did anything spectacular. He couldn't score goals like Kevin Hector, head the the ball like Roy McFarland, tackle like Colin Todd or dash down the touchline like Alan Hinton. You just didn't notice him.

He was probably on a par with with Ron Webster as the player you didn't want to be when you were pretending to be Derby County on the playground.

Until one day I saw him playing keepy uppy and doing some very skilful tricks with the ball like flicking it up in the air and letting it roll down his body. I was very impressed. We were spoiled for good players in those days.

On 12/12/2018 at 17:06, superzak said:

Personally im looking forward to the Ramstv meets Kenny burns lmao

Will have to be in wide-screen 

Personally i think the first great clough team....

green, webster, robson, durban, mcfarland, mackay, mcgovern, carlin, ohare, hector, hinton.

.....was actually the best. Better even than the team that won the league. I always felt sorry for the three who missed out. 

• 4 weeks later...

Actually he's a lovely bloke. I met him in the Post office at Park Farm Centre in Allestree, and we stood talking for a while just like two people who just happen to live near each other. He was there taking his mum shopping, and their were no airs and graces, no "look at me, I famous once", just a really down-to-earth guy. 

Thanks, John.

Archived