How do you cope...

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

When you have a foreign girlfriend, who invites her friends round (who speak the same language as her) but you don’t speak the same as them? I’ve found myself playing with my phone for the whole night, nodding occasionally and saying “yes” every so often in their native language. 

Surely I’m not the only one? ?

would you like me to pop over next time she's got her mates round? Just to give you a bit of moral support of course

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I secretly had google tranaslate on for about 10 mins. They were using a lot of dirty words ? They didn’t seem to speak in coherent sentences either 

They could have been saying something like this...'so do you think hes up for a naked sleepover or what?..i dunno he seems more interested in his phone..ask him, no you..would you rather play with your phone than come play with us..yes the dope responds. '

22 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

When you have a foreign girlfriend, who invites her friends round (who speak the same language as her) but you don’t speak the same as them? I’ve found myself playing with my phone for the whole night, nodding occasionally and saying “yes” every so often in their native language. 

Learn a couple of poems meant for five year old's. Her friends will love you forever, even if she stops. It's proper cute!!

Learn a couple of their really tough to say words, equivalent to our tongue twisters.

It's amazing how far having a three and half year old, presenting a bear who is very cute today and a table with no legs will get you ?

Write it down phonetically, the fastest way to learn without having to go through a load of balls.

15 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Learn a couple of poems meant for five year old's. Her friends will love you forever, even if she stops. It's proper cute!!

Learn a couple of their really tough to say words, equivalent to our tongue twisters.

It's amazing how far having a three and half year old, presenting a bear who is very cute today and a table with no legs will get you ?

Write it down phonetically, the fastest way to learn without having to go through a load of balls.

Was that third paragraph a Google translation ronnie? I'm struggling

On 09/12/2018 at 00:01, Ghost of Clough said:

I know exactly how you feel.

You wonder why you're even in the same room. It just goes on and on and on. You don't get a single word they are saying. She even talks to me in her native language after a long day at work. i just respond with yeah where i feel it fits.

The only difference between me and you is that my wife is English.

Give the relationship time,after a few months the only conversation required for a successful relationship is.

do you want a brew.

what's in the Tele

what's for tea

And

am going to bed.

found these few phrases make for a happy easy going relationship and marriage.?

On 11/12/2018 at 22:41, ram1964 said:

Give the relationship time,after a few months the only conversation required for a successful relationship is.

do you want a brew.

what's in the Tele

what's for tea

And

am going to bed.

found these few phrases make for a happy easy going relationship and marriage.?

Plus:

You fancy a bit of, y'know? 

And

No? Ah, OK then. 

Archived