V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well Bigbadbob, that's a good question you ask of Our Mutual Friend, WharfedaleRam.  Some of us do have Great Expectations for this latest episode of our very own Tale of Two Cities.  We'll no doubt be singing a Christmas Carol at some stage during the game... or at least singing to the tune of one!  There'll almost certainly be a Twist at some point, but hopefully it will be the red dogs who get Hunted Down and return to their Bleak House empty handed, and the final whistle signals Hard Times ahead for them!

Here's hoping for a big win, maybe a hat trick, and a red card for them... in fact, The complete works!  

Dick swiveller

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Can’t even tell you how much I’m looking forward to this one, missed the nights under the floodlights... and with Christmas just around the corner it’s gonna be a mental atmosphere. Got a few days to survive and close of play deadlines to hit then it’s a weekend bender ready for Monday night! COYR

Exactly this. A Derby match needs to be under the floodlights, not at midday on a Sunday. Wish I could make it up to Derby so close to Christmas, but I can't. But plenty of the Sagan clan will be there to witness an epic.

Too busy for a weekend bender, but hoping to party Monday night and all through Tuesday! 

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

Beeston Wildlife Group meet once a month in winter and there's a really good talk about chichuan province in China by Tim Melling whose great to listen to. 

Beeston? 

Its not exactly the serengeti mate.

Get yersen down to Pride Park.

15 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The position amplifies things in my opinion, them doing an impression of a credible top 6 challenge makes it important in context of the top 6 as well as the usual need to defend the honour of the east midlands.

It has put more pressure on an already bum squeaky day.

i work with Gumps, I would be lying if I said that I’ve never been less confident.

having said that, we are Derby and we possess the skill and talent to win this, it alll depends ( IMO) on the players that are too complacent . We all know who. I reckon, this/these players will play out their skin for a 3-2 Derby victory!!

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Exactly this. A Derby match needs to be under the floodlights, not at midday on a Sunday. Wish I could make it up to Derby so close to Christmas, but I can't. But plenty of the Sagan clan will be there to witness an epic.

Too busy for a weekend bender, but hoping to party Monday night and all through Tuesday! 

Agreed. It's going to be extra special under the lights. Finishing work in Nottingham early and getting the train (sigh). Then after the game I'll be getting the bus back in this direction (again, sigh). I'll probably spend as much time surrounded by Forest fans as Derby.

I did initially moan on this forum about the high ticket prices for this game and I still maintain that view. However.... It's the big game, it's Christmas, so duck it I've managed to convince 3 more people to part with their cash and come down. Hope we sell out the remaining ~2k.

Another Beeston connection -- I work at Boots in the town and get the train in. So I'll get my Derby shirt on, leave work at 16:00 and get on the train to The Alex for about 17:00. Best be steady on the pints....

No flags thus far before any game at home... will we see them return next Monday? or something Frank doesn't like and told Mel to not bother.... what we think? cheesy? or needed to get the lads fired up before kick off....? thought before the Forest game last season was excellent!

Lets have these, as it gets closer I get nervous but hey its forest, they're probably a lot more nervous than we are, just imagine their memories over the last 5 years. Whatever the score at least with Lampard we know we will be going out their to put goals galore past them, it will be entertaining! And how nice will it be to put them 6 points behind us and potentially the playoffs. I think there's more riding on this for them than us. Not that its crucial for their season but 6 points behind going into xmas they could get left behind which i'd absolutely love to see. Come on we know that they can concede 5! lets do them - we know we will concede its common courtesy nowadays if were playing a team to give them at least one goal. I'd love to see us go out their with Mount, Wilson and Marriott tearing them apart. Even if we do concede 1/2.

Carson

Bogle

Keogh

Tomori

Malone

Huddlestone

Wilson

Mount 

Lawrence 

Waghorn 

Marriott 

Tempted to put Bryson in because he loves this fixture, but this is the side that played West Brom… and we looked like scoring everytime we had the ball we could have had 6 that game. I do think you get more out of Wilson in that midfield role too, he has a little more energy than Bryson nowadays and a lot more ability on the ball. Hoping Mount can rediscover some form too been off it of late. 

Up the Rams

Im quietly optimistic about the game, especially after the big win a Wigan. There a lot of factors to take into account....

Derby worked hard for a clean sheet Saturday for the first time in 15 games and that will give the defence a massive boost going into Mondays game.

Jack Marriott / Harry Wilson look very threatening and seem to be scoring for fun at the moment. 2 big games against Man U and Chelsea and Marriott scored against both. Big occasion player?

Frank and Jody will no doubt get the players 1000% up for this game, Frank has played in a lot of big/Derby games during his career as have Jody and Shay. We have a lot of players who have tasted this game before and we need them to pass the message down to the lads who haven't.

Forest lost at home to Preston on Saturday and if Preston can shut Forest out and win the game then there's no reason we cant either, Im glad we have Tomori back there against Grabban and hopefully he can use his physical presence and pace to keep him quiet.

Karanka will set his team up to defend well and brake on us like Stoke did, He will not want to lose back to back games so im expecting them to be very compact and work hard to get into shape and brake on us with speed. We need to get Lolley marked out the game.

As both sides are playing Monday we will fall behind some of the other sides in the top 6 by maybe 4+ points make that 6+ for Forest, If one side wins this game it could set them up very nicely going into xmas. the side which possibly loses could find themselves playing catch up.

It will be a very interesting game, i just hope that we dont show nerves and play with freedom and confidence. We have beat some big teams Like Man U, Sheff U and WBA so we shouldnt fear them. I just hope we play our game.

Only change in the side would be possibly Waggy for Tom L but sometimes you're best not making changes, no matter the side we put out i have the up most confidence in the lads giving there all and getting a result.

55 minutes ago, Redcar said:

No flags thus far before any game at home... will we see them return next Monday? or something Frank doesn't like and told Mel to not bother.... what we think? cheesy? or needed to get the lads fired up before kick off....? thought before the Forest game last season was excellent!

I think Mel said at the supporters charter that they will have flags. 

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

52 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I think Mel said at the supporters charter that they will have flags. 

On 29/11/2018 at 19:57, David said:

14 LO asked about the plans for the Forest Game

14.1.FN agreed that there would be flags in place

On 08/12/2018 at 19:03, reveldevil said:

There's quite a few Rams fans who'll head back down the A52 to the poo hole too.

You'll identify them by the grins and giggles, hopefully.

Reminds me of the 10-men match. I went with my son, and afterwards we went into the MacDonalds outside the ground. Everywhere we looked there were glum Gumps (Glumps?), and the two of us with the silliest grins on our faces. A superb moment!

I even asked the serving wench if they'd got any 1 for 2 offers, but she didn't have a clue what I was talking about! 

Archived