V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

I have a Beeston Wildlife xmas meeting so can't make it. Will take radio to keep up with news at half time. 

I wouldn't bother,  all the wild life from Beeston will either be watching in pubs supping carlsberg or dragging their knuckles down to pp.

10 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

We've already lost one "must not lose" game at Stoke. We have to win this one for our own self belief. The football purists will be on our side. Time to kick on. Hopefully even the Gumps will run out of fingers for counting our goals.

They'll just use some of their 13 webbed toes mate...

2 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

I have a Beeston Wildlife xmas meeting so can't make it. Will take radio to keep up with news at half time. 

Eh?

Been a while since both teams were good. Does this make it more important as the points are crucial, or less important because both teams have bigger aims than bragging rights?

Should be great stuff regardless and a win could perhaps give us our mojo back for the huge games over Yuletide.

26 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Been a while since both teams were good. Does this make it more important as the points are crucial, or less important because both teams have bigger aims than bragging rights?

Should be great stuff regardless and a win could perhaps give us our mojo back for the huge games over Yuletide.

The position amplifies things in my opinion, them doing an impression of a credible top 6 challenge makes it important in context of the top 6 as well as the usual need to defend the honour of the east midlands.

19 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Sounds good to me! My missus ain’t even from Nottingham but her mates moved here so she settled here. All of our group no one is from Nottingham, the only red dog is from Kettering!! Work that one out! To be fair I get more grief from red dogs at Royce’s 

Has Nottingham’s dole office moved

53 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Just met a Popside Rams fan at our Dickensian Festival. He was here while I was at Wigan!!! Great banter and look forward to seeing him Monday for the Florist game. 

Do you think.the game will match up to the Dickensian festival ?

9 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Do you think.the game will match up to the Dickensian festival ?

Well Bigbadbob, that's a good question you ask of Our Mutual Friend, WharfedaleRam.  Some of us do have Great Expectations for this latest episode of our very own Tale of Two Cities.  We'll no doubt be singing a Christmas Carol at some stage during the game... or at least singing to the tune of one!  There'll almost certainly be a Twist at some point, but hopefully it will be the red dogs who get Hunted Down and return to their Bleak House empty handed, and the final whistle signals Hard Times ahead for them!

Here's hoping for a big win, maybe a hat trick, and a red card for them... in fact, The complete works!  

Archived