Charities

Archied

On 07/12/2018 at 10:40, Mucker1884 said:

bar stewards!

What were they doing?  Trying to ram a box of abandoned wasps through your letter box?  

https://dcfcfans.uk/guidelines/

Profanity Filter

dcfcfans.uk has a filter in place for a reason, this is not intended as a creative challenge to use profanity. Posts found to be containing creative profanity including the use of numbers or symbols will be edited/removed from the forum.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, rynny said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/guidelines/

Profanity Filter

dcfcfans.uk has a filter in place for a reason, this is not intended as a creative challenge to use profanity. Posts found to be containing creative profanity including the use of numbers or symbols will be edited/removed from the forum.

Understood, boss!  Couldn't resist... I like a challenge, but consider your job well done... and usually appreciated!  :-)

On 06/12/2018 at 20:47, angieram said:

Find a charity local to you where you can speak directly to the staff or volunteers. 

Having staff in a charity isn't necessarily a bad thing - they do the hard work - but if you select a local charity then you aren't paying for layers and layers of management above the front line workers. 

This.

I've mentioned before that we've donated a few times to a local charity in the West End called Derbyshire Refugee Solidarity

http://derbyshirerefugeesolidarity.org/

Lovely people, and largely the volunteers are refugees, so you can actually talk to them and hear their stories and actually understand what being a refugee means in reality (rather than building your views from the dubious factions of the British media)

Not saying that you should donate to this particular charity , just illustrating AngieRam's point

I'm cynical of the big charities where the management are on 6 figure salaries. That can't be right

I try and do my bit every Ramathon..... in ridiculous fancy dress. I usually choose charities close to my heart. A different one each year, funnily never done a addiction charity yet. Think that may change next year.

9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I try and do my bit every Ramathon..... in ridiculous fancy dress. I usually choose charities close to my heart. A different one each year, funnily never done a addiction charity yet. Think that may change next year.

It probably won’t the year after that, nor the year after that ....

On 06/12/2018 at 22:29, eastwoodram said:

Cruse is funded by donations and all the counselors are volunteers. I'm not sure i'd be here now if it wasn't for the 5 sessions i received (for absolutely nothing), last Christmas. I'd give them my last penny. 

Glad the service was helpful. I'm a volunteer there myself and I know they struggle against other charities.

Archived