Lampard “shifted the planning” for January transfer window

David

20 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes you are dead right @86 points. He has proved that he can be water-tight at the back...but we still doubt him. It’s his manner and demeanour ...he just doesn’t exude confidence. 

I do understand what you're saying and I also suspect you're rather better positioned to offer an educated assessment than I am, to be fair. For balance, super talent that he is, I'm more jittery about Fikayo under a cross than any particular aspect of Pearce's game, least what I can remember of it. That's not to say Fikayo is a lesser player, far from it, it's just interesting how folk react instinctively to certain players. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ye

8 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I do understand what you're saying and I also suspect you're rather better positioned to offer an educated assessment than I am, to be fair. For balance, super talent that he is, I'm more jittery about Fikayo under a cross than any particular aspect of Pearce's game, least what I can remember of it. That's not to say Fikayo is a lesser player, far from it, it's just interesting how folk react instinctively to certain players. 

Mmm..reminds me of Peter Daniel replacing Roy Mc back in ‘75. Just goes to illustrate how tough it can be as a manager...seasons can turn on a single decision. 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

You're not helping my nerves bud! ?

You know what though...I totally trust Frank and his staff to make the right decision. I just have this inner belief that FL et al are taking us up this year through the play offs. Hold tight. 

Just now, Ellafella said:

You know what though...I totally trust Frank and his staff to make the right decision. I just have this inner belief that FL et al are taking us up this year through the play offs. Hold tight. 

Likewise. For such an inexperienced manager I think he's been amazing thus far. He's earned my trust for sure. Perhaps we'll finally get that German CH we've pined for so long for! 

19 hours ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

I can’t recall any occasions when Pearce has let us down. I’d be interested in the average points per game and proportion of clean sheets in games he has started. (Actually I just spent 5 minutes working it out, and when he has played, including a handful of sub appearances, we have won 48% of games and kept clean sheets in 37% of them, at least according to my back of an envelope calculation)

I’m not saying that we couldn’t find better, but I suspect we’ll look back on his Rams career in years to come and wonder quite what went on which meant that he played so little.

He heads and kicks everything but has no pace. He only works in a team that sits deep and defends - ah-la the first half of Mac 2. 

The second half of Mac 2, when we opened up, he was torn to shreds on the break.

Ampadu could be your guy. He's aggressive and doesn't take any nonsense coz of his age. Very cool and composed even under pressure though and plays regularly at the base of the midfield and has a good range of passing. Wouldn't be a bad player to bring in on a loan if Curtis is out for quite a while.

27 minutes ago, SuperFrankieL said:

Ampadu could be your guy. He's aggressive and doesn't take any nonsense coz of his age. Very cool and composed even under pressure though and plays regularly at the base of the midfield and has a good range of passing. Wouldn't be a bad player to bring in on a loan if Curtis is out for quite a while.

Not going to get any game time for Sarri?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

How is ampadu a replacement for davies if he plays holding midfield?

Sarri and Conte have both played him at CB and he's done well there too.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Not going to get any game time for Sarri?

Highly doubt it. Cahill and AC struggling for minutes so Ampadu will be struggling to get meaningless minutes as well. Picked up a slight injury when there were some minutes available in recent weeks. Better to send him out on loan imo but there's a slight issue with him being eligible to attain club trained and home grown status(hasn't been at the club for three years and would need to be before he turns 21).

On 12 December 2018 at 00:18, RamuelLJackson said:

We need to get someone in on loan with superior exuding skills

The sort of bloke you'd trust to do the sealant around the bath.

Archived