Sign in to follow this  
David

Paul Clement Sacked.......again

53 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I'm starting to get an island going.. It's a big shout to go for them clippers. 

Got to be done at some point though, it's not a good look.

Having seen the state of my dad and grandad, I just reached for the clippers on my 25th birthday and never looked back. Jump before I was pushed. 

The last time I had any decent hair was on my wedding day almost 3 years later. I had forgotten to shave my head, and had just enough left in the middle for a little mini Mohawk. Getting dangerously close to an island though. 

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Different people have different abilities and skills. For example I have some good technical knowledge in my field, but zero skill or inclination towards management, I'd not be good at it and it'd not make me happy.

I think you may have inadvertently ruled yourself out of the Reading job. 

2 hours ago, David said:

His hair is a mess, needs to shave it off. Try and defend his reluctance to grab the clippers....

Can't change his appearance because it's part of his brand appeal

22 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Having seen the state of my dad and grandad, I just reached for the clippers on my 25th birthday and never looked back. Jump before I was pushed. 

The last time I had any decent hair was on my wedding day almost 3 years later. I had forgotten to shave my head, and had just enough left in the middle for a little mini Mohawk. Getting dangerously close to an island though. 

That's a blessing, not a curse.

My dad was Charlton-esq in his very early twenties, so I've always kept my hair short since the same age, until the barber remarked what a wonderful full head of hair I had, although prematurely grey!

I thought I'd grow it back to the Hugh Grant style I'd had as a youth, but caught sight of myself in a mirror the other day and realised I'd morphed into a more lesbian version of Clare Balding!

Clement thought he could replace Bryson and Hughes with Butterfield and Johnson, he really believed it would be that easy. From that point it was obvious he would be useless as a manager. He could not see that the team dynamic depended on players knowing each other, understanding who would make the runs and when......he was used to working with world class players who could be replaced by another world class player. He has no experience of building a team of players of mixed ability to perform in a league.

He certainly had bad luck though as Bryson and Hughes were the best players in the championship at the time.

54 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Anyone who thinks you can have a gym with no weights in it is always going to struggle.

Anyone who thinks they an secretly remove tens of thousands of pounds worth of equipment Mel just installed because the players really wanted it without Mel finding out and then being annoyed is a bit strange.

Sarri has done the same with weights at Chelsea. Although his players are a lot better technically than ours.

I din't think Reading looked that bad when we played them, but I'll be honest i always thought Clement was a bad choice for them.

19 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Clement thought he could replace Bryson and Hughes with Butterfield and Johnson, he really believed it would be that easy. From that point it was obvious he would be useless as a manager. He could not see that the team dynamic depended on players knowing each other, understanding who would make the runs and when......he was used to working with world class players who could be replaced by another world class player. He has no experience of building a team of players of mixed ability to perform in a league.

He certainly had bad luck though as Bryson and Hughes were the best players in the championship at the time.

I would suggest what is in bold is fact. Everything else is opinion, with a high degree of supposition in respect of your first sentence.

l was quite sorry to see him go, as l think he was treated quite shabbily but l am not aware of the back story.  That said, with hindsight, he clearly isn’t any great shakes.

54 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I would suggest what is in bold is fact. Everything else is opinion, with a high degree of supposition in respect of your first sentence.

l was quite sorry to see him go, as l think he was treated quite shabbily but l am not aware of the back story.  That said, with hindsight, he clearly isn’t any great shakes.

I agree he was shabbily treated and hindsight is wonderful. The footy we played under him was slow but effective up until our new year annual decline. Both butters and especially bradders looked like smart signings at first and I believed on Boxing Day after we beat a very poor Fulham 2 nil and topped the championship we were going up. Well sadly it didn’t work out for either party. Carlo will give him a job putting the cones out Napoli. 

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I would suggest you are wrong. None of it is fact. it is all my opinion. The fact that you agree with part of it does not make it fact.

21 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He’s finished now. Can’t even believe he got the reading job. Shocking manager, set us back years with the reckless spending under his tenure.

Delighted he’s failed but he’ll still be a millionaire! Derby paid him £40k per week FFS!

To be fair I doubt he was the one signing off the cheques. 

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.