Sign in to follow this  
Wolfie

We're all watching TV wrong....

Turn off the Motion Smoothing, boys & girls......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46449906

“If you own a modern high-definition television," he said, "there’s a good chance you’re not watching movies the way the filmmakers intended, and the ability for you to do so is not simple to access."

Motion smoothing, or interpolation, is a technique that artificially adds additional frames to the moving image in order to prevent blurring - most effective when watching sport.

But many in the film industry hate it, however, as it can degrade the image quality of the original film, and alter colouring.

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Turn off the Motion Smoothing, boys & girls......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46449906

“If you own a modern high-definition television," he said, "there’s a good chance you’re not watching movies the way the filmmakers intended, and the ability for you to do so is not simple to access."

Motion smoothing, or interpolation, is a technique that artificially adds additional frames to the moving image in order to prevent blurring - most effective when watching sport.

But many in the film industry hate it, however, as it can degrade the image quality of the original film, and alter colouring.

Have you done it and does it make a difference?

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

La. Turned mine off when I bought it over 5 years ago. Nothing new under the sun...

9 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Been turning it off for nearly ten years and turning it off when I visit people. Civic duty.

I knew about the noise reduction thing & to turn that off but had never heard of this before.

If I turn off Samsung decide to turn it back on again whilst I sleep. The same way as they add their TV Plus app to the number 1 slot on my menu bar despite removing it several times, and nag be constantly to connect it to the internet.

If it didn’t cost so much my foot would have gone through it a long time ago, trying to convince the missus we have a major issue with the TV is falling on deaf ears.

Samsung support? They will log it as a big report but cannot update me when or if it will be fixed as they don’t provide software updates on old TV’s. I’ve owned it for around 18 months, brand new from Curry’s.

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.