Ballon d’Or 2018 winner...

Mr. P

For what it’s worth...

The Frenchman, 42, said Lyon and Norway forward Hegerberg - who answered "no" - had told him after the ceremony she "understood it was a joke".

Hegerberg told BBC Sport she "didn't consider it sexual harassment".

And 

Speaking to BBC Sport, she said: "He came to me afterwards and was really sad that it went that way. I didn't really think about it at the time.

"I was just happy to do the dance and win the Ballon d'Or to be honest. I will have a glass of champagne when I get back."

Her Lyon team-mate Lucy Bronze, an England defender and Ballon d'Or nominee, told BBC Sport it was "just a joke".

"The DJ asked each person that won what their dance was but she can twerk, she was lying," she added. "It was more of a joke of making her dance

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46435168

We had something on the forum the other day, 2 members having a joke when another member comes in and calls him a moron, absolutely nothing to do with him.

If Hegerberg sees it as a none issue, I’m not going to be offended on her behalf. Especially when her team mate claims she can twerk so it’s possible he was given this information to him prior to the event.

Think we’ve all been guilty of a poorly timed/taste joke at some point. As Anon said, you don’t hire a witty DJ to give an award expecting just a handshake and a congratulations.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, David said:

If Hegerberg sees it as a none issue, I’m not going to be offended on her behalf. Especially when her team mate claims she can twerk so it’s possible he was given this information to him prior to the event.

This is it, isn't it. It's all about the context, which is never explained at the time.

People get "offended" and jump all over it, then the clickbait news sites (inc BBC) do their normal thing of reporting what's currently trending on Twitter or whatever as "Breaking News".

It's dangerous.

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

This is it, isn't it. It's all about the context, which is never explained at the time.

People get "offended" and jump all over it, then the clickbait news sites (inc BBC) do their normal thing of reporting what's currently trending on Twitter or whatever as "Breaking News".

It's dangerous.

We’re down a path where being a comedian will be a risky career move. You will always have someone, something at the butt of a joke and we’re running out of butts that are not offended.

Being on stage will no longer be an excuse.

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side. Sorry it’s all I’ve got left now.

Running this forum close to 10 years now I’ve seen it first hand, whilst removing old topics I pulled posts of my own which I knew were just jokes, but in 2018 would not fly. 

I even mass deleted tweets so that nothing gets discovered and turned into something it’s not. Don’t get me wrong I was no Andre Grey, you wouldn’t find anything like that, the strongest charge against me would possibly sexist over some kitchen gag.

A gag which the missus at the time would have given me some back, if not more and at times probably started it. But as you say, the context doesn’t matter.

Believe me, I love women, my missus is great in some areas whilst not others and vice verser, as a couple we mesh great, but that’s not to say 2 men or 2 women can’t mesh great. Just like that you’re treading on egg shells.

The world has become sanitised and I’m coming to terms with how it’s changing. Possibly for the better I don’t know, it’s making me feel old and outdated inside though, but I guess we all go through that at some point.

I know I have witnessed some truly racist comments by the older generation which I’m glad are a thing if the past, with 2 mixed raced nieces and a nephew I would hate for them to be subject to the stuff I’ve heard. 

Fully agree on the comedian thing, in fact if I was famous/semi famous I wouldn't speak on stage or give a live interview at all these days. It's not even what you may say, it's the fact the news and everyone else is waiting for the slightest slip and woe betide. 

I do think it was a really poor choice of words by this DJ fella, what was he thinking?

Did you see the hoo ha about banning "baby it's cold outside" - the old Dean Martin song?  I think it was something like 9 out of every ten said it was stupid political correctness gone mad.

One quote from a woman, I used to love the song and it's jaunty style but I listened to it with my two daughters aged 4 and nine and felt uncomfortable as it doesn't convey the values I'd like to instill into my girls about consent.

At first I was mortified at HER narrow minded response. Then I thought about it and who am I to judge. I certainly agree with the values she wants to instill, even if I think it's a fairly ridiculous thing to pull apart a song from 50 years ago. Bloody hell I hope no-one double checks the lyrics of Roy Orbison's I drove all night. He asks for consent WAY too late in that song.

We're at a dangerous juncture of society I think.  It's going to get to the stage where you walk into a pub with a pre drafted letter asking for permission to talk to someone, girl, boy, gay, straight, black, white, muslim, jew. Sign this or we can't buy each other a drink. We're being "programmed" and I do honestly believe the media are responsible for so much of it.

Everyone hates everyone else and if they don't hate them then for sure they''re trying to oppress them and if they're not oppressing then they definitely don't or can't understand or appreciate how hard it is for them. I can't remember a time when "modern" society was so divided.

By the way, just as divisive is anyone who uses the term snowflake. What a way to kill any debate before it gets started. Freedom of speech is a myth. It's gone.

46 minutes ago, David said:

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side. Sorry it’s all I’ve got left now.

Well, well, well, you show your true colours you disgusting sexist. Why not a rooster? You also need to check your road crossing privilege. There are millions of plus size gay, bi, and trans chickens of colour that find themselves hopelessly unable to cross roads every single day and yet you think it's appropriate to make fun of their suffering.

On 04/12/2018 at 14:37, Alpha said:

He is brilliant though innit? Modric I mean. Great player

He is, not so much this season though, he’s been really bad since the World Cup. Feel for him because he probably has no motivation because he’s achieved everything that he can.

On 04/12/2018 at 07:34, Andicis said:

Messi 5th just shows how atrocious the decision this year was. Messi is by far the best player on the planet.

Griezmann and Mbappe finishing ahead of him is ridiculous . They are good players but they didn’t have better years than Messi individually, which this award is. I’ve had a look and the voting from some of the countries and it’s clear to me that they shouldn’t be allowed to vote. 

On 05/12/2018 at 12:03, David said:

I actually really like this concept. Why should we deem it ok to use animal abuse in our every day language? 

I'm going to correct myself now whenever I use a phrase like this.

I'm still going to eat meat though. Lots of it. 

18 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I actually really like this concept. Why should we deem it ok to use animal abuse in our every day language? 

Keep it as it is - let sleeping dogs lie.

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Griezmann and Mbappe finishing ahead of him is ridiculous . They are good players but they didn’t have better years than Messi individually, which this award is. I’ve had a look and the voting from some of the countries and it’s clear to me that they shouldn’t be allowed to vote. 

I think Messi is so good people have stopped appreciating his brilliance. Honestly can't see a compelling reason why any player should be placed above Messi, put simply, he is the best player to walk the planet. The likes of Neymar and Griezmann don't come close. Putting Courtois first should immediately get their vote stripped. And Benzema... ?

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I think Messi is so good people have stopped appreciating his brilliance. Honestly can't see a compelling reason why any player should be placed above Messi, put simply, he is the best player to walk the planet. The likes of Neymar and Griezmann don't come close. Putting Courtois first should immediately get their vote stripped. And Benzema... ?

the Central African republic is well known on its stance towards tax evaders which influenced the decision

10 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah but how do we replace the term 'at it like rabbits '? 

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

At it like catholics.

If ever there was a post that could see subsequent replies deleted that's it. ?

Archived