What American teams do you support?

Bob The Badger

In either football, baseball, basketball or even hockey?

Not been posting in here that long and have no clue who most of you follow.

Of course as a loyal Rams fan I'm an L A Rams and have been since 1984. I've seen them play live around 18 times now I think all over the US.

I used to like baseball and followed the Angles simply because they shared a stadium with the Rams in Anaheim way back when.

Not really keen on basketball, but would pull for the Orlando Magic if I had too. And every time I try and watch hockey I can never see the ducking puck, so gave up.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

In either football, baseball, basketball or even hockey?

Not been posting in here that long and have no clue who most of you follow.

Of course as a loyal Rams fan I'm an L A Rams and have been since 1984. I've seen them play live around 18 times now I think all over the US.

I used to like baseball and followed the Angles simply because they shared a stadium with the Rams in Anaheim way back when.

Not really keen on basketball, but would pull for the Orlando Magic if I had too. And every time I try and watch hockey I can never see the ducking puck, so gave up.

Dirty filthy sweinhund pig dog!

NFL - Minnesota Vikings, the only American sport I follow properly.

I used to like basketball, and Orlando Magic were my team of choice, Penny Hardaway was my favourite player, so that’s how long ago that was. I quite like ice hockey but have never followed a particular team. Baseball doesn’t interest me at all.

I don't really have one team for each sport. I've been lucky enough to Florida and California and attend a few MLB, NBA and NFL games so keep an eye on those teams, with baseball being my fav sport to follow:

MLB: Giants, Padres, Rays and Marlins.

NBA: Heat, Magic

NFL: Buccaneers, Dolphins 

MLS = Sporting KC because of Johnny 

NFL = Miami Dolphins …..When I was at School we had an American kid come to our school, think his dad worked at ICI. Back in the late 60's that was rare in itself, but a Miami Dolphins baseball cap ?  ….. in Macclesfield circa 1969 cool or what ! ?

NFL = Packers. They're the only small town team still remaining in the sport and they're the only community owned franchise in all of American sports. Also, their fans wear over-sized blocks of cheese on their heads.

NHL = Jets. duck Gary Bettman. He conspired to move teams away from small, but hockey mad, communities and give them to cities in the middle of the desert with absolutely no interest in the sport. The Jets, Nordiques, Whalers, and North Stars should never have been moved. Winnipeg having a team despite the best efforts of that colossal dick bag is a great achievement.

Oakland Raiders

Oakland Athletics (watch Moneyball and you will realise they are the only baseball team a Derby fan can consider)

Not really a fan of the other two, Golden State came good after we left - reminded of the WSC analysis of basketball. Game between two groups of genetic freaks. They take it in turns to score for the whole game until one team asked to throw the ball from half way with one second to go for the win. 

18 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Surprised so few Rams fans.

When I was looking for a team to follow back i n 1984, the L A Rams were an utter no-brainer!

I had a bit of a soft spot for them when they went to St Louis, but I just can’t be supporting a team from a major “fashionable” city like LA. It’s not for me.

48 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I had a bit of a soft spot for them when they went to St Louis, but I just can’t be supporting a team from a major “fashionable” city like LA. It’s not for me.

So you went for the Vikings because nobody even knows how to spell Minisota without Google

Archived