Nations League Final

rynny

18 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I get they’re a bit silly, but I don’t really understand the outrage surrounding those songs.

We're singing about bombing German bombers. Germany - now an ally. 

We're singing about the IRA when they ceased operations 30 years ago. 

It's embarrassing. Why can't we just have the songs about our players and our team/manager and celebrate enjoying the side rather than having to chant about conflicts etc. Football has nowt to do with war so leave it out... 

It's only so small time. 

Look at the Ireland fans, having a good crack, singing 'i love you baby' to the local girls kicking footballs around. Then you get our lot - Throwing bicycles into rivers, launching bottles at police, trying to 'occupy' places singing about bombers and the IRA. Reckon men who fought in those conflicts would turn in their grave hearing the sort of g1mps abroad chanting about it after their first pint. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

couple of thoughts from last night - 

Ben Chillwell isn't that good.

Rashford is fast becoming a modern day Emile Heskey

Declan Rice made Jordan Henderson look like Pirlo

Barkley had a decent game

The England Band should be barred from attending all international matches for the foreseeable future

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

The England Band should be barred from attending all international matches for the foreseeable future

I agree with most of this. I've been wrong about plenty of players before, but the hype around Chillwell has confused me for years. He shouldn't even have displaced Fuchs in Leicester's first team, never mind be England's first choice.

Rice just shouldn't be playing for England yet. We all knew this would happen though after the drama over his international registration. He's obviously been promised he'll be fast tracked into the team. It's embarrassing.

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

This. Absolutely this.

Hughes or Winks have to start at this moment in time. I think Maddison could play #8 but not entirely certain. 

I think Grealish may well be the answer, but as with Maddison, I haven’t watched him enough to notice how well he collects the ball from the defence whereas I know Hughes and Winks can. 

23 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Southgate seems to be slipping into "Woy" mode.

After a bit of experimentation, the same faces are getting wheeled out regardless of form/fitness. 

Dier has been poor for England since before the world cup and isn't a regular for spurs. 

Who is he supposed to pick for this game?

Delph and dier are ducking dire footballers. Have some balls Southgate and put some more faith in the youngsters like Mount and Maddison. Generation of talents gonna go to waste if he doesn’t stop being a pussy and continue playing players who’ve never been good enough.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Delph and dier are ducking dire footballers. Have some balls Southgate and put some more faith in the youngsters like Mount and Maddison. Generation of talents gonna go to waste if he doesn’t stop being a pussy and continue playing players who’ve never been good enough.

My concern about Mount is that he doesn’t keep the ball well enough. I’ll see how he gets on with better players before I write him off though.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Dier is not the same kind of player as Mount or Maddison, so it's not a fair comparison.

An in-form Dier is perfect for Southgate because he enables the team is switch between 4 at the back and 3.

The problem with Dier is that he hasn't been in form for quite a while.

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

My concern about Mount is that he doesn’t keep the ball well enough. I’ll see how he gets on with better players before I write him off though.

Really? I’d say he kept the ball as well as anyone in our team last season, particulary playing next to someone as useless as Bryson at it. He was excellent at holding the ball and turning which is exactly what England are missing.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Dier is not the same kind of player as Mount or Maddison, so it's not a fair comparison.

An in-form Dier is perfect for Southgate because he enables the team is switch between 4 at the back and 3.

The problem with Dier is that he hasn't been in form for quite a while.

Wasn’t meant as a comparison, was meant that we don’t need both of Delph and him. One or the other as a shield and that’s it. Dier and not Delph probably the best but dier is so out of form I wouldn’t have him there either.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Wasn’t meant as a comparison, was meant that we don’t need both of Delph and him. One or the other as a shield and that’s it. Dier and not Delph probably the best but dier is so out of form I wouldn’t have him there either.

I agree about the two of them. I don't really have anything to say about Delph. The only times I recall seeing him play at all in the last few years have been for England. Based on those, I have no idea what type of player he is.

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Really? I’d say he kept the ball as well as anyone in our team last season, particulary playing next to someone as useless as Bryson at it. He was excellent at holding the ball and turning which is exactly what England are missing.

Don’t get me wrong, sometimes I feel as though he was trying passes that his teammates weren’t on his wave length, and playing in a Mac 1 style team would boost his pass completion probably, but I think he’s competing with Dele and Barkley rather than any of the aforementioned four. 

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Another one for VAR. correct again from the angles we had, but the angle they showed the ref looking at... I’m not convinced

If that much contact/pulling between striker and defender is called as a foul everytime...

VAR will make utter nonsense of the game as we know it now.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

If that much contact/pulling between striker and defender is called as a foul everytime...

VAR will make utter nonsense of the game as we know it now.

Don’t agree with you very often, but I agree on this.  

Archived