Nations League Final

rynny

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Will they let us through then? No dramas.

Who cares? Would have been nice but hardly the end of the world. They're bringing players like De Beek off the bench and we've got lads like Jesse Lingard! Bar two gifts we've done ok. 

One bad night in about 2 years is alright by me. 

I know John Stones isnt the best at defending, but i thought his major attribute was that he was good with the ball at his feet and good at starting attacks from the back. Technically i suppose he did do the second of those even if it was for the wrong team. Surely if he cant do that he has no reason to be in the team.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

And we've won...what?

ducking hell Roy, cheer up. I can kinda see why you're miserable about everything Derby County wise as we've seen some poo but let's not pretend this team and manager aren't putting us in the right direction. 

Poor mistake by De Ligt, but it was a monster performance by him and Van Dijk apart from that. They were like we were in the World Cup on defending and attacking set pieces. They won absolutely everything in the air. There will be inevitably excuses about the cl final, but wijnaldum played in it and look at him at the end sprinting against Kyle walker chasing the ball down.

Never used to be henderson’s biggest fan, but now he’s a very good player. Probably england’s most important player in my opinion. Our midfield was non existent because he didn’t start. 

55 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Its the implied superiority on foreign soil, the aggresive drunks, en masse, with a history of throwing bottles and chairs that go along with the songs that people get fed up with. 

I agree, that behaviour is reprehensible. If you associate it with that song then fair enough. But I separate it and don’t see the song as being particularly offensive. If there’s anything with an element of acceptable jingosim, it’s sport, and football in particular.

England were pretty dreadful tonight. We had no tempo, the centre halves looked like a disaster waiting to happen, Delph and Rice were invisible the entire game, we looked better for a brief spell when we put Henderson on. If Sancho had scored the chance he had, it was game over. Criminal to gift two goals in extra time. Same old England.

Archived