Racism.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why Tottenham as a club face an investigation. The actions of one or two neanderthal fans can't be their responsibility.

What could they do to stop that? Issue a warning?

'No carrying of bananas on matchday and if you must carry one you're reminded strongly it's an  offence to throw it at a black player.'

For ducks sakes, if someone thinks it ok on any level they clearly have no brain.

Bam him for life and let the police deal with him.

I hope they also bam the morons throwing other random objects as well. They are no better.

Scum of the highest order.

Without making it political and well and truly putting my tin hat on.

Yeah but the coin throwers weren't racist...

It's ok to throw a bottle, or a pound coin.

I, and I'm sure a lot of you watched a Facebook/Twitter video last week of a poor refugees lad being grabbed by the throat, thrown to the floor and sprayed in the face with water. Horrible to watch and rightly no place for it.

It was all over the news, MPs getting involved and everything.

A justgiving page was set up and a fortune was raised for him and he family. Well played Britain, genuinely heartwarming.

Saturday I watched a Twitter video of two young girls in Kent, one recording and the other absolutely kicking the poo out of another young girl who clearly couldn't defend herself. It was truly sickening, ending with the scummy little you know what kicking the poor lass in the face seceral times when she was on the floor before fully and horribly stamping on her head and walking away.

I may be wrong but I've not seen it on the news. I've not seen MPs getting involved and I've not seen a justgiving page set up to help.(I hope I am wrong)

Sky yesterday hardly mentioned the coin throwers or the flare lighters but the banana skin makes headline news on every media outlet up and down the country.

It's mental.

5 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I, and I'm sure a lot of you watched a Facebook/Twitter video last week of a poor refugees lad being grabbed by the throat, thrown to the floor and sprayed in the face with water. Horrible to watch and rightly no place for it.

A justgiving page was set up and a fortune was raised for him and he family. Well played Britain, genuinely heartwarming.

Saturday I watched a Twitter video of two young girls in Kent, one recording and the other absolutely kicking the poo out of another young girl who clearly couldn't defend herself. It was truly sickening, ending with the scummy little you know what kicking the poor lass in the face seceral times when she was on the floor before fully and horribly stamping on her head and walking away.

I may be wrong but I've not seen it on the news. I've not seen MPs getting involved and I've not seen a justgiving page set up to help.(I hope I am wrong)

Sky yesterday hardly mentioned the coin throwers or the flare lighters but the banana skin makes headline news on every media outlet up and down the country.

It's mental.

Maybe not MPs but I followed it closely on Twitter (as the girl who was attacked reminded me of my niece), and local councilors ween't happy about, and the pair dirty little scrotes were soon arrested.  Justgiving page also set up.  and thankfully, the girl is recovering well... 

11 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

"Spurs face FA inquiry after fan throws banana skin at Arsenal’s Aubameyang.

The Arsenal striker had scored the first of his two goals from the penalty spot when he ran to celebrate in front of the travelling supporters. A host of projectiles were thrown at him, with still photography showing that a banana skin was among them.

CCTV footage was used to confirm the identify of the fan who threw it and he was arrested. The Metropolitan Police said afterwards that a total of seven arrests were made – six for public order offences, of which at least two were Arsenal fans who lit smoke canisters during the match.

The FA will investigate and Tottenham released a statement that condemned the supporter who threw the banana skin. “Behaviour such as this is completely unacceptable and the supporter in question will be issued with a ban,” a spokesman said.

It was a fiery game that also featured a mass confrontation between players from both sides, including substitutes, after Eric Dier’s equaliser for 1-1. The Arsenal substitutes who were warming up nearby took exception to how Dier celebrated, with Stephan Lichtsteiner appearing to tap him. Players converged from all angles and projectiles were thrown by the Arsenal fans."

So plenty of missiles.  Much disorder amongst both sets of fans, and indeed the players, yet the guy who hits the headlines is the one that just so happened to take a banana for his mid-afternoon snack!  Where's the guy who had loose change to hand?  What about the old fella that spat his teeth on to the pitch?  Half-eaten Burger, anyone?  Apple core?  Pop bottle?  A wet copy of the Radio Times?

Is there any other "evidence" to link this individual to racism?  Chants?  Abusive rants?  Body language?  Anything?  ...Or just his fruit of choice?

It seems the only missiles that cause concern are the one's that have any sort of tenuous link with racism.   I'd love to know how the press would have headlined this, had the goal scorer been "not of colour"... or the fruit lover had preferred a nice juicy peach!   

The halfhearted mention of the other arrests and smoke canisters appears almost to be an afterthought, compared to the headline!

Shouldn't they be seeking each and every other missile thrower, and banning them all... for throwing missiles, full stop? 

In fact, I'm tempted to say, what sort of person automatically links a banana to a person of colour?  I'm not sure I'd even link the two, unless brainwashed by those of a certain persuasion!

26 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

"Spurs face FA inquiry after fan throws banana skin at Arsenal’s Aubameyang.

The Arsenal striker had scored the first of his two goals from the penalty spot when he ran to celebrate in front of the travelling supporters. A host of projectiles were thrown at him, with still photography showing that a banana skin was among them.

CCTV footage was used to confirm the identify of the fan who threw it and he was arrested. The Metropolitan Police said afterwards that a total of seven arrests were made – six for public order offences, of which at least two were Arsenal fans who lit smoke canisters during the match.

The FA will investigate and Tottenham released a statement that condemned the supporter who threw the banana skin. “Behaviour such as this is completely unacceptable and the supporter in question will be issued with a ban,” a spokesman said.

It was a fiery game that also featured a mass confrontation between players from both sides, including substitutes, after Eric Dier’s equaliser for 1-1. The Arsenal substitutes who were warming up nearby took exception to how Dier celebrated, with Stephan Lichtsteiner appearing to tap him. Players converged from all angles and projectiles were thrown by the Arsenal fans."

So plenty of missiles.  Much disorder amongst both sets of fans, and indeed the players, yet the guy who hits the headlines is the one that just so happened to take a banana for his mid-afternoon snack!  Where's the guy who had loose change to hand?  What about the old fella that spat his teeth on to the pitch?  Half-eaten Burger, anyone?  Apple core?  Pop bottle?  A wet copy of the Radio Times?

Is there any other "evidence" to link this individual to racism?  Chants?  Abusive rants?  Body language?  Anything?  ...Or just his fruit of choice?

It seems the only missiles that cause concern are the one's that have any sort of tenuous link with racism.   I'd love to know how the press would have headlined this, had the goal scorer been "not of colour"... or the fruit lover had preferred a nice juicy peach!   

The halfhearted mention of the other arrests and smoke canisters appears almost to be an afterthought, compared to the headline!

Shouldn't they be seeking each and every other missile thrower, and banning them all... for throwing missiles, full stop? 

In fact, I'm tempted to say, what sort of person automatically links a banana to a person of colour?  I'm not sure I'd even link the two, unless brainwashed by those of a certain persuasion!

The skin though?  In the bad old days it was whole bananas because the link was to the type of food in the diet.  These days though he will get the book thrown at him.  

22 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

It's mental.

Tbh it wasnt even that bad.  He just poured a bit of water on his face, apparently after they'd had words earlier.  Detention for the bigger lad will suffice.  But no, there's a refugee being 'waterboarded' ffs.

34 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Tbh it wasnt even that bad.  He just poured a bit of water on his face, apparently after they'd had words earlier.  Detention for the bigger lad will suffice.  But no, there's a refugee being 'waterboarded' ffs.

Stringer let someone do it to you and then say "It wasn't that bad to be honest" 

Done well and you would be crying like a baby and in fear of your life.

There is a reason this is banned by the Geneva convention.

7 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Stringer let someone do it to you and then say "It wasn't that bad to be honest" 

Done well and you would be crying like a baby and in fear of your life.

There is a reason this is banned by the Geneva convention.

Stringer has a fair point the media have gone well over the top ,there is a big difference between waterboarding and pouring a bottle of water over someone ffs.

I personally hate bullying but it's gone on since God was a lad ,the people than cannot help themselves need protection the ones  that can deal with it need a blind eye for the retribution.

13 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Stringer has a fair point the media have gone well over the top ,there is a big difference between waterboarding and pouring a bottle of water over someone ffs.

I personally hate bullying but it's gone on since God was a lad ,the people than cannot help themselves need protection the ones  that can deal with it need a blind eye for the retribution.

I agree with the bullying bit absolutely.

But pouring water down someones throat to the point they can't breathe is still in my eyes tantamount to water boarding. 

I think i buy his story that it wasn't racially motivated. 

Still a very stupid thing to do but fans who run on the pitch often only get a few months ban. Maybe a lifetime ban is too harsh. 

Has to be punished because racist or not the message has to be it won't be tolerated. Surely a 3 year ban tops would suffice. 

I want racism stamped out but you also have to believe people can change or at least keep it underwraps.

19 hours ago, StringerBell said:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/02/mum-of-bully-who-waterboarded-syrian-boy-called-chip-shop-owner-a-pi-and-terrorist-8199444/

Archived