v Wigan (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just seen that Wigan have the (joint) best home form in the league - 21pts from 10 games. I didn't realise this could be so tricky. 

We need to perform a lot better, regardless, but this highlights the need if we're to keep up chasing the pack for another week. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I've just seen that Wigan have the (joint) best home form in the league - 21pts from 10 games. I didn't realise this could be so tricky. 

We need to perform a lot better, regardless, but this highlights the need if we're to keep up chasing the pack for another week. 

They might take some beating but i don't think they have played anyone special. Their away form is therefore dire with 4 points from 10 games?

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

2-2 with Forest, beat West Brom 1-0, lost to Leeds 1-2 , drew with Swansea 0-0. Apart from Forest,West Brom and Leeds they haven't played anyone else in the top 6 or near the top 6. Their record isn't special.

11 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Hope we're not too lightweight. Would have waggers bryso Tom and wils in midfield. Mount maybe one of zoon lawro n sherlock. 

.....with keezy, dozy, fik, and titch?

Great opportunity to put space between us and villa,whistling a head of at least from if we win. Time to kick on and stay in touch with the top three.

should really be putting teams like Wigan away if we our going to compete for promotion.

Coyr, let's make it a memorable run in to Christmas?

This was a real handy one for me living in North West. Work has scuppered my chances, but to all the travelling faithful have a safe trip Rams. ?

Wigan Central, under arches has previously won pub of the year, cracking ales, great venue. 

Hello all!!

thankyou so much for helping me get a ticket to the match today, @coneheadjohn and @BarrowRam you are saints, simply cannot wait, if I may ask even more of you all, I was wondering if anyone had a spare Derby scarf they could bring to the game that I could buy, looked all over Manchester and couldn’t find a place that had one, need to get one for my dad who was the one that got me into the rams in the first place!!!

thankyou all and see you in Wigan 

55 minutes ago, SKRam said:

This was a real handy one for me living in North West. Work has scuppered my chances, but to all the travelling faithful have a safe trip Rams. ?

Wigan Central, under arches has previously won pub of the year, cracking ales, great venue. 

Shame you couldn’t make it today sk ram.  Hopefully the rams will put on a show and get 3pts.

53 minutes ago, Pat_fromAus said:

Hello all!!

thankyou so much for helping me get a ticket to the match today, @coneheadjohn and @BarrowRam you are saints, simply cannot wait, if I may ask even more of you all, I was wondering if anyone had a spare Derby scarf they could bring to the game that I could buy, looked all over Manchester and couldn’t find a place that had one, need to get one for my dad who was the one that got me into the rams in the first place!!!

I can just imagine you in Sports Direct in Manchester...’Excuse me,do you have any Derby County scarves’?

I’m sure someone will pick you one up mate.

Are you warm enough ?

11 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I can just imagine you in Sports Direct in Manchester...’Excuse me,do you have any Derby County scarves’?

I’m sure someone will pick you one up mate.

Are you warm enough ?

Yep that was indeed what I did, confused to say the least ?, yeah I’m all rugged up and warm, left my flip flops and board shorts at home unfortunately

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

We could BE top three, if others give us a helping hand!  ?

This appears to be quite a low key game in comparison to the game against Forest and other recent games. However I think today and the next 2 games are very important in shaping the season. We have a brutal Christmas period with away games against Sheff Utd , Norwich, and Leeds in January plus Boro at home. A win today will put us into the top 6 and two more wins before Christmas will keep us in contact with the top 2.

I was watching a BBC webcast. They advised that in 7 out of the last 10 years the top two after 20 games achieved automatic promotion at the end of the season. Clearly therefore as we aren't even in the top 6 some consistently good performances are required plus luck with injuries.A defeat today would be a disaster as far as I am concerned. Wigan have only beaten West Brom out of the top 6 teams.

2 hours ago, Pat_fromAus said:

Hello all!!

Alright Pat. I've got one of these if you're interested. Gonna set off for the game shortly so will be driving for the next hour. PM me your number if you're interested and I'll call you when I get there.

images-85.jpg.269c48a07acd8fda378cc7a559ab6ba9.jpg

2 hours ago, Pat_fromAus said:

Hello all!!

Merry Christmas @Pat_fromAus

Simply pop into a shop in Manchester or Wigan that has a printer, a computer shop, or one of them dodgie newsagents, post offices, libraries that charge 10p a print etc. Print this one off, maybe half a scalf on each piece of A3, then ask to borrow a pair of scissors and a stapler and your sorted mate. Job done.

And don't get it wet or it might turn into a Gremlin!

124a2yq.jpg

And don't get any silly ideas about having one half Derby County and the other half Wigan or Hull Kingston Rovers or some Aussie Footie Team, that's simply not allowed!

5ehgll.jpg

Archived