Sign in to follow this  
RiddingsRam

v Wigan (a) match day thread

1 hour ago, Topram said:

1500 sold is embarrassing what has happened to our fan base? Every time I’ve been we’ve taken 3k plus Birmingham took 4.5k last week

Why is it embarrassing? 

It’s December, the game just over 2 weeks away from Christmas Day, fans have families, some of which will have had to beg to be allowed out on Boxing Day. Possibly saving for taxi’s due to the lack of public transport available.

Birmingham haven’t even played Wigan yet, they play on the 22nd, so if they took 4.5k up when they are not even playing that would be kinda embarrassing.

Ye Nugent was knackered after 25 mins. Dont rate Nugent, hes one of the players we need to move on from. Cant guarantee that he will actually take a chance when it comes like at boro.

Start your best team - Marriott everyday. Need a striker who scores goals.

18 hours ago, David said:

Why is it embarrassing? 

It’s December, the game just over 2 weeks away from Christmas Day, fans have families, some of which will have had to beg to be allowed out on Boxing Day. Possibly saving for taxi’s due to the lack of public transport available.

Birmingham haven’t even played Wigan yet, they play on the 22nd, so if they took 4.5k up when they are not even playing that would be kinda embarrassing.

Compared to Birmingham, Wigan's a good day out for most Brummies!!!

Edited by WharfedaleRam
missing word

Sold about 1800 now, so not to bad for a game away near Christmas, I am not going, Christmas party With work Friday and Mrs Christmas party Saturday, so I will not be fit or allowed to go anyway LOL, If we win it will make my Saturday, so all those going I applaud, have a great day, and hope you will all be bouncing at the end.

19 hours ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Compared to Birmingham, Wigan's a good day out for most Brummies!!!

That must be why I'm going then! 

I think WIgan will try to play their game against us, especially given they are at home. I'm hopeful that will suit us better than opponents who try to bully us, set us defensively, or both. I reckon we'll prove a handful for them tbh. 

25 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I think WIgan will try to play their game against us, especially given they are at home. I'm hopeful that will suit us better than opponents who try to bully us, set us defensively, or both. I reckon we'll prove a handful for them tbh. 

I do hope so. I like an open, free-flowing game.

6 hours ago, mastah said:

What's the car parking situation like at DW?

Car park 1 is the designated away fans car park and I seem to remember there was loads of room last time I was there. The retail park does offer an alternative, but the club website discourages this. The postcode for the car park (which is £5 per car, is WN5 0UN. Hope this helps.

Tough to beat at home Wigan but we could really do with the 3 points since we have forest Boro and home and Sheffield United Norwich Leeds all away in the next 6 fixtures 

Carson

Bogle  Keogh  Tomori  Malone

Huddlestone   

Mount          Holmes

Waghorn   Marriott     Wilson

15 hours ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Car park 1 is the designated away fans car park and I seem to remember there was loads of room last time I was there. The retail park does offer an alternative, but the club website discourages this. The postcode for the car park (which is £5 per car, is WN5 0UN. Hope this helps.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.