v Wigan (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Car park 1 is the designated away fans car park and I seem to remember there was loads of room last time I was there. The retail park does offer an alternative, but the club website discourages this. The postcode for the car park (which is £5 per car, is WN5 0UN. Hope this helps.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

41 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Bogle  Keogh  Tomori  Malone

Huddlestone   

Mount          Holmes

Waghorn   Marriott     Wilson

Not a fan of Lawrence are you, not really sure how he warrants getting dropped after his last 2 performances?!

35 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Not a fan of Lawrence are you, not really sure how he warrants getting dropped after his last 2 performances?!

He was good against Stoke but don’t think he was great against Swansea, he was very mixed in my opinion. We are simply conceding too many goals at the moment, Waghorn provides more defensive stability because of his workrate. I like Holmes because he keeps the ball ticking over in midfield and can take the pressure off Mount and can bypass a high energy team like Wigan. 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He was good against Stoke but don’t think he was great against Swansea, he was very mixed in my opinion. We are simply conceding too many goals at the moment, Waghorn provides more defensive stability because of his workrate. I like Holmes because he keeps the ball ticking over in midfield and can take the pressure off Mount and can bypass a high energy team like Wigan. 

Not sure how you can say Waghorn offers more defensively, hes only played a couple of times on the wing and from what i can remember offered very little protection, he actually looked a little lost and unsure of his role.

Just now, Derbyram1 said:

Not sure how you can say Waghorn offers more defensively, hes only played a couple of times on the wing and from what i can remember offered very little protection, he actually looked a little lost and unsure of his role.

Disagree, our most consistent form and best spell was when Waghorn was on the right wing just in front of Bogle. Even when he wasn’t playing well, he always came back to help Bogle. It’s no surprise to me that Bogle’s form has dipped since Waghorn has been injured. 

Just now, McLovin said:

Disagree, our most consistent form and best spell was when Waghorn was on the right wing just in front of Bogle. Even when he wasn’t playing well, he always came back to help Bogle. It’s no surprise to me that Bogle’s form has dipped since Waghorn has been injured. 

How many games did he start on the right wing? Anyway Lawrence plays LW so both could play and put Wilson in the middle as thats the position he was playing when we had our best spell.

1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

How many games did he start on the right wing? Anyway Lawrence plays LW so both could play and put Wilson in the middle as thats the position he was playing when we had our best spell.

It’s just my opinion mate. Our good run against Sheff Utd, West Brom, Boro, Chelsea and Brum came when Waghorn was on the right wing. Lawrence struggles against high energy teams who get tight to him like Wigan will and he isn’t the best dribbler.

Against high energy teams it’s important to have a mix of players are quick thinkers and good with their feet to get them out of trouble when the opposition press and players who “graft” to match the opposition’s workrate. Lawrence does neither in my opinion and is much better when there is space in behind, which there will be in the latter stages of the game as Wigan will be tired.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It’s just my opinion mate. Our good run against Sheff Utd, West Brom, Boro, Chelsea and Brum came when Waghorn was on the right wing. Lawrence struggles against high energy teams who get tight to him like Wigan will and he isn’t the best dribbler.

Against high energy teams it’s important to have a mix of players are quick thinkers and good with their feet to get them out of trouble when the opposition press and players who “graft” to match the opposition’s workrate. Lawrence does neither in my opinion and is much better when there is space in behind, which there will be in the latter stages of the game as Wigan will be tired.

Think we will have to agree to disagree on this one mate.

FL likes our wingers to cut inside which means Wag/Wilson/Jos all need to play on the right as they tend to prefer their left foot, Lawrence is the opposite which is why he is a regular starter.

Anyway, as long as we get 3 points tomorrow i dont care who starts and finished the match.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Did Waghorn play against West Brom? I have been very underwhelmed by him so far....

Intresting game and based on what we have

Carson

Wisdom Keogh tomari malone 

Huddlestone    

Mount.       Bryson 

waghorn   Marriott   Wilson 

a bit stronger on the field with waghorn and Wilson on either flank 

45 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Guaranteed loss tomorrow sorry everyone, I’m listening on radio derby. So far this season listening to Ramage I’ve heard a 4-1 defeat to Leeds and 1-0 away defeats to Bolton and Rotherham. Should’ve gone to Wigan

May I suggest that you take a sledgehammer to your radio? To be fair Ramage makes me want to do that whenever I listen to him anyway.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Guaranteed loss tomorrow sorry everyone, I’m listening on radio derby. So far this season listening to Ramage I’ve heard a 4-1 defeat to Leeds and 1-0 away defeats to Bolton and Rotherham. Should’ve gone to Wigan

Should've gone to Radio Rentals!

Archived