v Wigan (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Hi John we are going to the Wigan game. We can pass the ticket on to pat if you still need someone to do it.

Cheers mate,that would help if Steve’s going later.

Plus @Pat_fromAus is obviously from overseas and I don’t want him stranded.

Can you pm me your address and I’ll post you his ticket and we’ll organise it.

He was going to meet me at the ground but obviously I’m not going(he’s got my ticket?).

Just a case of meeting him and passing him the ticket...please?

9 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Right let me explain, we haven't lost in December since 2014 the chances are this will shortly come to an end as all sequences do .Of course I don't REALLY want us to lose but IF we did I'd rather it be Wigan than fooking Forest.

This feels like a version of the gambler's fallacy. Just because we've not lost in December for ages, doesn't mean we're more likely to lose a game this December. I'm sure King Kev knows that, but it's interesting to read:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

1 hour ago, Topram said:

1500 sold is embarrassing what has happened to our fan base? Every time I’ve been we’ve taken 3k plus Birmingham took 4.5k last week

Why is it embarrassing? 

It’s December, the game just over 2 weeks away from Christmas Day, fans have families, some of which will have had to beg to be allowed out on Boxing Day. Possibly saving for taxi’s due to the lack of public transport available.

Birmingham haven’t even played Wigan yet, they play on the 22nd, so if they took 4.5k up when they are not even playing that would be kinda embarrassing.

Ye Nugent was knackered after 25 mins. Dont rate Nugent, hes one of the players we need to move on from. Cant guarantee that he will actually take a chance when it comes like at boro.

Start your best team - Marriott everyday. Need a striker who scores goals.

18 hours ago, David said:

Why is it embarrassing? 

It’s December, the game just over 2 weeks away from Christmas Day, fans have families, some of which will have had to beg to be allowed out on Boxing Day. Possibly saving for taxi’s due to the lack of public transport available.

Birmingham haven’t even played Wigan yet, they play on the 22nd, so if they took 4.5k up when they are not even playing that would be kinda embarrassing.

Compared to Birmingham, Wigan's a good day out for most Brummies!!!

Sold about 1800 now, so not to bad for a game away near Christmas, I am not going, Christmas party With work Friday and Mrs Christmas party Saturday, so I will not be fit or allowed to go anyway LOL, If we win it will make my Saturday, so all those going I applaud, have a great day, and hope you will all be bouncing at the end.

25 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I think WIgan will try to play their game against us, especially given they are at home. I'm hopeful that will suit us better than opponents who try to bully us, set us defensively, or both. I reckon we'll prove a handful for them tbh. 

I do hope so. I like an open, free-flowing game.

6 hours ago, mastah said:

What's the car parking situation like at DW?

Car park 1 is the designated away fans car park and I seem to remember there was loads of room last time I was there. The retail park does offer an alternative, but the club website discourages this. The postcode for the car park (which is £5 per car, is WN5 0UN. Hope this helps.

Archived