Jacob Butterfield - Joined Bradford City on loan

LB_DCFC

21 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

“County” ?

I honestly don't see why people get themselves so wound up about people calling Derby County 'County'. Go back to the 1960's and even George Edwards, who used to write the match reports in the Green Un, used the term, interspersing 'Derby', 'Rams' and 'County' throughout his quite superb write-ups.

As Oscar Wilde said, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about - and that is not being talked about."

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think fans are against butterfield.

its so long since we've seen him, that most have forgotten what he does.

Anyway, they're too busy bitching about the captain.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I honestly don't see why people get themselves so wound up about people calling Derby County 'County'. Go back to the 1960's and even George Edwards, who used to write the match reports in the Green Un, used the term, interspersing 'Derby', 'Rams' and 'County' throughout his quite superb write-ups.

As Oscar Wilde said, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about - and that is not being talked about."

Alright was only joking....

Butters to Hull is hardly astonishing news after what happened in the summer. They're apparently one of four clubs in for him - someone close to the club told me two other Championship clubs and one League One club are also interested. Not sure what the criteria will be for the final decision, for both DCFC and the player.

He's probably put in the most notable performances by one of our senior pros in the U23s, so it's good to see that has its reward.

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Butters to Hull is hardly astonishing news after what happened in the summer. They're apparently one of four clubs in for him - someone close to the club told me two other Championship clubs and one League One club are also interested. Not sure what the criteria will be for the final decision, for both DCFC and the player.

He's probably put in the most notable performances by one of our senior pros in the U23s, so it's good to see that has its reward.

Stirring a hornet's nest but I think Frank has frozen him out for non-footballing reasons. From the little I've seen of his performances for the U23s, he looks to be absolutely on his game right now. If Hull are successful with their bid they'll be getting a very good player IMO. 

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Stirring a hornet's nest but I think Frank has frozen him out for non-footballing reasons. From the little I've seen of his performances for the U23s, he looks to be absolutely on his game right now. If Hull are successful with their bid they'll be getting a very good player IMO. 

think you're right, however, i believe he is the sort of player that only improves when playing in a good side.  he is probably a better premiership player than he is a championship one but it is unlikely whether he will get the opportunity

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

think you're right, however, i believe he is the sort of player that only improves when playing in a good side.  he is probably a better premiership player than he is a championship one but it is unlikely whether he will get the opportunity

Kind of get what you're saying here but good as the kids are, he's looked excellent with the U23s and they wouldn't be Premiership quality, least not yet. I actually think Hull might be a good option for him. I guess what you're saying is he needs to play in a a footballing side, not kick and rush? Hull have turned things around and have been playing some nice football in recent weeks. Perhaps he can provide Chris Martin with some additional ammunition along the way? Wouldn't be the biggest surprise to see them both prospering tbh.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Kind of get what you're saying here but good as the kids are, he's looked excellent with the U23s and they wouldn't be Premiership quality, least not yet. I actually think Hull might be a good option for him. I guess what you're saying is he needs to play in a a footballing side, not kick and rush? Hull have turned things around and have been playing some nice football in recent weeks. Perhaps he can provide Chris Martin with some additional ammunition along the way? Wouldn't be the biggest surprise to see them both prospering tbh.

the CM angle is interesting, I would be happy to see them click as long as it didn't threaten us?

I can't see the Hull move coming off for 3 reasons. 

1. Hull's recent form is the best in all divisions and their momentum makes them a threat to Derby.
  2. Hull have found form and fitness in their own midfield. Evandro, Toral, Irvine, Henriksen, Stewart, Batty all playing well apparently. Plus, recent press speculation suggests their attention has now turned to the back and front lines.
  3. I suspect Butterfield's form and fitness with the U23's, made all the more apparent after last nights result, will put a revised wage contribution beyond what Hull can afford.

I suspect Hull will wait to see if anything comes from the interest in Grosicki and Bowen, reckoned to be 25-30 mill between them. Either way, I doubt it opens the door for a JB move, that came and went in the summer. Which is a shame for me. I think they play his football and I think they would be good for him and him for them. The pace of Grosicki and Bowen on either wing is a dream for a playmaker with Jacob's pass finding ability.

I've made no secret of my liking of JB. Like an earlier poster said, he's better suited to Premiership football than Championship IMO. If I were his agent, I'd be looking at struggling prem teams rather than bottom half Championship. What about Huddersfield for example??? If I were FL, I'd wipe the slate clean, drag him into 1st team training and see if he can push Mount, Bryson, Hudds etc. to better performances than they've shown of late.

Pure finances - we are not keeping him so we either loan him out at his wage or discounted wage or we sell to anyone offering money in January which will be highly unlikely so either way he is just a cost that we want rid off which doesn’t sound nice but that’s the reality 

Archived