Jacob Butterfield - Joined Bradford City on loan

LB_DCFC

48 minutes ago, cosmic said:

City's new No.16 said: “I am delighted to be here, joining my hometown club. When it came to signing for a League One team, Bradford was my first choice.”

Haha! Jesus, Butters, is League One beneath a player of your capability?

Where in that does he imply such a thing? He’s basically saying he’s chosen his hometown club over any other L1 options. And I think that’s really nice. 

I can’t think of a more undeserving hate figure in my 40+ years following this club. Twitter reaction has been embarrassing. Yet when Thorne left (for a smaller club) he was wished all the luck in the world. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Where in that does he imply such a thing? He’s basically saying he’s chosen his hometown club over any other L1 options. And I think that’s really nice. 

I can’t think of a more undeserving hate figure in my 40+ years following this club. Twitter reaction has been embarrassing. Yet when Thorne left (for a smaller club) he was wished all the luck in the world. 

For what it’s worth, I’m not one to lay into players. I agree he got treated poorly. So my comment was a genuine observation that I found his comment bizarre. There was no underlying vitriol other than on face value. 

Do you not read what he said as him recalling the moment he resigned to the fact he would have to go down to League One, so going to his hometown would cushion the blow?

”When it came to signing for a League One team..”

Why phrase it like that? Why mention the league of it’s not on his mind?

(Disclaimer: I really don’t care about it this much to keep talking about it. Just needed to explain my POV. Pointing it out was enough for me.)

Glad he’s gone. Never a good fit here. He has talent no question but always struggled in a 4-3-3 and then couldn’t fit him in a 4-2-3-1. Think he could’ve been a useful 10 but was never going to get that gig over Vyds! 

Good feet, skilful, good passing range but often took too many touches and considering his passing ability played with his head down too often for me. Bradford is his home town club, he will be the main man, the playmaker like he was at Barnsley and Hudds (similar sized clubs to Bradford) so reckon he will thrive.

Can’t his harshest critics on here not give him even just the slightest praise for taking the opportunity to re-boot his career! Throughout the window he was trashed as a freeloader and for lacking any self-pride or ambition, happy to sit it out, scratching his bolleaux at Derby’s expense. And despite the evidence of the failed Hull move in the summer and now an obvious move to a club and league lower than his obvious ability, he’s still a complete womble.....apparently! Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. Haters are always gonna hate, but sometimes you do sound like a bunch of tw@ts!

1 minute ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Can’t his harshest critics on here not give him even just the slightest praise for taking the opportunity to re-boot his career! Throughout the window he was trashed as a freeloader and for lacking any self-pride or ambition, happy to sit it out, scratching his bolleaux at Derby’s expense. And despite the evidence of the failed Hull move in the summer and now an obvious move to a club and league lower than his obvious ability, he’s still a complete womble.....apparently! Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. Haters are always gonna hate, but sometimes you do sound like a bunch of tw@ts!

Fully agree Anya gets hardly any stick or ledley and yet they are doing that exact thing sitting here on money and holding up us getting anyone in 

2 hours ago, Norman said:

I had a go at that group of nobs on the day. And I occassionally bump into a few of them at games. In fact one puts out a flag in the SW lower. Still happily knock them out if they spoke to me again.

I remember purposefully over applauding and thinking well done everytime he did anything! And many others did too

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

All the best in your future career, Jacob. You are a talented player and deserve to play regular football. Not your fault that we gave you a lucrative contract. ?

This.

Not my favourite but deserves a break and some credit for stepping down a level to play, if he proves himself to be every bit as valuable to them as he was at Huddersfield, his career could quickly be back on track.

8 hours ago, Shang said:

The issue I think with Butterfield is that he's the type of player who needs ton of space and a couple of seconds to produce the killer pass / shot. Doesn't work with the quick interchange of passes we're currently playing.

Sounds like Huddlestone!

I haven't given him the grief other people have mentioned above...but let's be honest, he has been a terrible signing. 

Never really saw what he brought to us. Very safe passing player, no turn of pace, couldn't tackle or head, rarely shot, didn't dictate play....sorry won't be missed a jot by me. I don't necessarily dislike him or feel the need to criticise his character..but let's not over-compensate just because some got obnoxious about him. As a signing he is one of the worst I can recall. 

Not as bad as Nick Blackman..but not far off. Glad he's off the books. Good luck and all that but I won't be looking out for him. Best forgotten, move on. 

Archived