Jacob Butterfield - Joined Bradford City on loan

LB_DCFC

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

LOL - I've just posted the complete opposite line of thought. Why do think he wouldn't suit Leeds bud? Genuine question. I assume then that you think the club looking at him is Sheffield Utd?

To be fair, after posting I did consider Saiz leaving, injuries and Baker being recalled, but couldn't be bothered editing my post. He could feasibly be a direct replacement (or possible improvement) for Baker.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I wonder whether Bielsa might not be interested as Leeds have lost Samuel Sáiz to Getafe? I think he would suit their style of play and he has the kind of technical ability that Bielsa would appreciate. Whether he be guaranteed games however, is an entirely different matter. He doesn't seem to prosper in high pressure environments either, which might not augur well for him were he at a club like Leeds. 

No chance in my opinion. Bielsa demands energy, workrate and positive intent from everyone on the pitch. That doesn't strike me as the kind of setup Butterfield would thrive in. He looked like he was running in treacle most of the time.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

No chance in my opinion. Bielsa demands energy, workrate and positive intent from everyone on the pitch. That doesn't strike me as the kind of setup Butterfield would thrive in. He looked like he was running in treacle most of the time.

Fair comment I guess but the Saiz role was not a high energy, pressing role. Sit high and central MF and pull the strings with passing ability was how it struck me. You're probably spot on though as I never get these things right and most of the shrewdies seem to favour the Blades as the likely destination. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Getting rid of Butterfield ti sign mulumbu is shocking really

It’s not really is it?  I think Butterfield has been a bit harshly treated.  He is certainly a good enough player in my eyes to warrant at least a place on the bench and be challenging for a 1st team spot.  A lot would disagree with me on this, including it would seem Frank Lampard.  So if moving Butterfield out - a player who is very very very unlikely to play for us again  - allows us to bring in a player who the manager sees as being an option for the first team, then it doesn’t seem very shocking at all.

Only time will tell if any of this will come to pass and whether the ‘replacement’ will be any good.

Archived