Sign in to follow this  
LB_DCFC

Jacob Butterfield - Joined Bradford City on loan

4 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

and nobody has been able to get it right from 2014...well consistently!!

For me we have tried tweaking the wrong areas too many times. 

Best of luck to him if true. I’m unashamedly a big fan and still believe he’s better than a couple of others who are part of Lampard’s first team. But it is what it is. I’ve never watched the 23s until this season, and that’s down to him and Thorne. They’ve been class helping to bring these youngsters on, and in JB’s case, he’s been outstanding more often than not when selected. Not often players like those two (two of the hottest properties in the division three years ago) would take being ostracised so professionally. Hope GT gets a move also. 

Have been told Jacob's being looked at by several other Championship clubs besides Hull, so this may take a while to resolve in the window. Some strong performances in the U23s this season when he's been called on won't have gone unnoticed. 

I could see him fitting into the Lampard setup, but with fans against him and the atmosphere already being questioned, it's probably best all round that he plays his football elsewhere. Most teams around the foot of the table would be delighted to have him for the second half of the season. 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Have been told Jacob's being looked at by several other Championship clubs besides Hull, so this may take a while to resolve in the window. Some strong performances in the U23s this season when he's been called on won't have gone unnoticed. 

I could see him fitting into the Lampard setup, but with fans against him and the atmosphere already being questioned, it's probably best all round that he plays his football elsewhere. Most teams around the foot of the table would be delighted to have him for the second half of the season. 

I think he would fit into the current system. Remember when we played Wolves on the final game of the 16/17 season and he played in the holding role of a 4-3-3 , that's the best game I've seen him have in a Derby shirt , he totally ran the game. 

Frank Lampard is stepping up his clear-out at Derby to move on fringe players to free up funds.

Rams boss Lampard has got County into the Championship promotion race despite owner Mel Morris slashing the wage bill.

Lampard has moved on Alex Pearce, 30, to Millwall on loan and midfielder George Thorne, 25, to League One promotion-chasers Luton.

Ikechi Anya and Jacob Butterfield are two more players who can leave during the transfer window as both are yet to play this term.

Anya, 31, is a loan target for Birmingham while Hull are keen on midfielder Butterfield ,28.

Boss Lampard admitted: “I think there’s some interest. It will be down to their desire to go and play. That’s the question for them.”

Lampard is likely to use any saving to put towards defensive reinforcements for long-term crock Curtis Davies.

Lampard has asked to take Ethan Ampadu on loan from Chelsea but the Stamford Bridge club are reluctant to loan out their squad player.

6 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Long-term crock in reference to Curtis is a bit harsh 

It isn't long term as his contract expires at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

It isn't long term as his contract expires at the end of the season.

He signed a new contract until summer 2020. As much as I rate him as a player, captain and professional I just hope we get value for money as his wages won’t be cheap and he’s not getting younger