Jacob Butterfield - Joined Bradford City on loan

LB_DCFC

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

I also think we have played better without Bryson in the side. Everyone says his energy and running does good for the side but I look at him and I have been to every game this season and I just don't see what energy people are talking about he looks knackered even before half time and there isn't much pace in him anymore. For example there was a breakaway first half and the ball went out wide and Bryson was running for it yet Ashley Williams who is dog slow got there before him and put it out for a throw. I just don't see the value of him in there and would rather put Wilson in there and play waghorn on the right. Wilson plays so much better there and his 2 goals against Swansea were from the inside midfield role where he had drifted in and is wasted out wide for me. Also waghorn does the dirty side better than Wilson out wide and covers bogle loads which is where bogle gets caught out when played with Wilson as he doesn't get as much protection.

2nd goal. 9 seconds box to box, assist to Wilson.

I also like Wilson in the center, but I don't like Lawrence and Josefzoon can't find any form so we're struggling for competition out wide with Bennett injured.

18 hours ago, Ramdale said:

Agree with the above. Ill never slag Bryson off as he is a legend, but he isnt the same player anymore. Wilson was much more influential when playing centrally. The performances against Middlesbrough, West Brom & Chelsea were the most consistent performances of the season as a team and all came with Wilson playing centrally with Mount.

agree with this and actually ever since he got his new contract he has been a shadow of his former self I recall.  That miss against Swansea, if that had been BJ the site would have been on fire

Best of luck to him if true. I’m unashamedly a big fan and still believe he’s better than a couple of others who are part of Lampard’s first team. But it is what it is. I’ve never watched the 23s until this season, and that’s down to him and Thorne. They’ve been class helping to bring these youngsters on, and in JB’s case, he’s been outstanding more often than not when selected. Not often players like those two (two of the hottest properties in the division three years ago) would take being ostracised so professionally. Hope GT gets a move also. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have been told Jacob's being looked at by several other Championship clubs besides Hull, so this may take a while to resolve in the window. Some strong performances in the U23s this season when he's been called on won't have gone unnoticed. 

I could see him fitting into the Lampard setup, but with fans against him and the atmosphere already being questioned, it's probably best all round that he plays his football elsewhere. Most teams around the foot of the table would be delighted to have him for the second half of the season. 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Have been told Jacob's being looked at by several other Championship clubs besides Hull, so this may take a while to resolve in the window. Some strong performances in the U23s this season when he's been called on won't have gone unnoticed. 

I could see him fitting into the Lampard setup, but with fans against him and the atmosphere already being questioned, it's probably best all round that he plays his football elsewhere. Most teams around the foot of the table would be delighted to have him for the second half of the season. 

I think he would fit into the current system. Remember when we played Wolves on the final game of the 16/17 season and he played in the holding role of a 4-3-3 , that's the best game I've seen him have in a Derby shirt , he totally ran the game. 

Frank Lampard is stepping up his clear-out at Derby to move on fringe players to free up funds.

Rams boss Lampard has got County into the Championship promotion race despite owner Mel Morris slashing the wage bill.

Lampard has moved on Alex Pearce, 30, to Millwall on loan and midfielder George Thorne, 25, to League One promotion-chasers Luton.

Ikechi Anya and Jacob Butterfield are two more players who can leave during the transfer window as both are yet to play this term.

Anya, 31, is a loan target for Birmingham while Hull are keen on midfielder Butterfield ,28.

Boss Lampard admitted: “I think there’s some interest. It will be down to their desire to go and play. That’s the question for them.”

Lampard is likely to use any saving to put towards defensive reinforcements for long-term crock Curtis Davies.

Lampard has asked to take Ethan Ampadu on loan from Chelsea but the Stamford Bridge club are reluctant to loan out their squad player.

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

It isn't long term as his contract expires at the end of the season.

He signed a new contract until summer 2020. As much as I rate him as a player, captain and professional I just hope we get value for money as his wages won’t be cheap and he’s not getting younger 

Archived