Jacob Butterfield - Joined Bradford City on loan

LB_DCFC

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not in the slightest. A Hull fan on here mentioned that it was due to go through in the summer, but it fell through for whatever reason. 

He's been a great example for the out-of-favour players and youngsters in the way he's carried himself in the U23s. He, along with Pearce, have been excellent. He's put in some good performances too, so I'd happily see him and Martin back together and keep Hull up. 

1 hour ago, LB_DCFC said:

Not a surprise this one. Butterfield a 'primary target' for Hull

I bloody hope so, time to move him on, thought he was going to a bigger club when he went to Wednesday, his words not mine, and he is going to end up at Hull, who care more about rugby than football, serves him right, hope he ends up in Division one. One of the biggest waste of money we have ever signed, Thank you so much Mr Rush.

11 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I bloody hope so, time to move him on, thought he was going to a bigger club when he went to Wednesday, his words not mine, and he is going to end up at Hull, who care more about rugby than football, serves him right, hope he ends up in Division one. One of the biggest waste of money we have ever signed, Thank you so much Mr Rush.

I'm sorry but they are your words not his. He actually said that Wednesday are a huge club, nothing bad about Derby. His only criticism towards the club was that the football that Rowett was going to play didn't suit his style, not exactly wrong was he? We can't criticise Rowett’s football and then criticise a player who also criticised Rowett's football, just makes us hypocrites.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

I'm sorry but they are your words not his. He actually said that Wednesday are a huge club, nothing bad about Derby. His only criticism towards the club was that the football that Rowett was going to play didn't suit his style, not exactly wrong was he? We can't criticise Rowett’s football and then criticise a player who also criticised Rowett's football, just makes us hypocrites.

Jacob's problem (if he feels he has a problem) is that many fans will only believe one version of what he said, not the actual words he used.

14 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Wednesday are a bigger club...

Seems to have got his head down despite being out of the picture. Wish him all the best, hope we can recoup a bit of dosh.

2 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Wednesday are a bigger club...

Seems to have got his head down despite being out of the picture. Wish him all the best, hope we can recoup a bit of dosh.

What makes Wednesday are a bigger club?

Never won the 1st Division/Premiership.

Like us they have only won one FA Cup but even further back and we have a strikingly similar record for time in the top division.

We have both played 11 ties in European tournaments, but we were twice denied European football.

Last season we had a higher attendance average.

As a kid I'd go to Hillsborough on a regular basis (mid to late 70's) with my Brother-in-law who was a hooter. I've been in that ground when it was almost empty. 

I think they are a team that flatters to deceive. Yeh they can pull in big crowds and away support on occasions when it suits them, but I'd say their hardcore support is no better than Derby's.

I wonder if they had traditionally played at a crappy ground we'd even be having this conversation.

20 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

What makes Wednesday are a bigger club?

Never won the 1st Division/Premiership.

Like us they have only won one FA Cup but even further back and we have a strikingly similar record for time in the top division.

We have both played 11 ties in European tournaments, but we were twice denied European football.

Last season we had a higher attendance average.

As a kid I'd go to Hillsborough on a regular basis (mid to late 70's) with my Brother-in-law who was a hooter. I've been in that ground when it was almost empty. 

I think they are a team that flatters to deceive. Yeh they can pull in big crowds and away support on occasions when it suits them, but I'd say their hardcore support is no better than Derby's.

I wonder if they had traditionally played at a crappy ground we'd even be having this conversation.

What crappy ground would that be? 

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

Not sure what you mean. Hillsborough was probably the top ground in the country other than Wembley for a couple of decades.

I meant if say they'd been playing at Bramall Lane whether the perception would be the same.

I just wondered if you were referring to a place I would give my right knacker to be playing at.

His move here hasn’t worked out. So hopefully he gets a move and we can cut our losses as he’ll be on a decent wedge!

Hes not as bad a player as some make out, there’s a decent player in there as he showed at Huddersfield and at the beginning of his rams career. Maybe he needs to be the proverbial big fish in the smaller pond!

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:12, rynny said:

Spot on. I wish people would stop getting butt hurt about this. Rowetts style didn't suit him. It didn't suit Will Hughes either and that's why the idiot sold him. Rowett was anti-football. Both JB and Hughes are technically very good. Hughes made similar comments when he went to Watford, but both were changed by some to look very different.

I think I'm the only football fan in the world that rates Butterfield and probably the Huddersfield fans too.

I wish he could be given a chance under Lamps, he looked a class player when he first arrived, obviously took a big knock in confidence from our own fans and Wednesday fans but he has been played out of position at both clubs.

He was much better for us in a midfield 3 when he had the freedom in the final third to go and play. he's struggled in more defensive roles. He doesn't have the energy/legs Lampard demands from the two more attacking midfield players but he can play the killer pass that can open teams up. He's technically good. I think he has more to offer than Bryson now. Personal opinion, of course. 

He doesn't deserve the stick he's received at all. I'm actually quite embarrassed by it all. Hope he proves the haters wrong.

Queue the comment saying 'Butterfield, is that you?' ?

23 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

He's technically good. I think he has more to offer than Bryson now.

I think he's a good player who has been one of the unlucky guys who's been screwed by the constant managerial changes - Like Martin in that respect for me - He just about fit in the Clement way of playing but every manager since then it hasn't been a good fit

I disagree though that he provides more than Bryson - The guy has shown again this season that he's powered by Duracell still - He's part of every attack and every defence, covers more ground than anyone else and provide help for the full backs when they come forward (when our wingers have gone walkabout) - He may not be as creative as other midfielders but he has quick feet and plays simple very well

46 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think he's a good player who has been one of the unlucky guys who's been screwed by the constant managerial changes - Like Martin in that respect for me - He just about fit in the Clement way of playing but every manager since then it hasn't been a good fit

I disagree though that he provides more than Bryson - The guy has shown again this season that he's powered by Duracell still - He's part of every attack and every defence, covers more ground than anyone else and provide help for the full backs when they come forward (when our wingers have gone walkabout) - He may not be as creative as other midfielders but he has quick feet and plays simple very well

Bryson has been good, got to say has been my favourite player for the past 5 years. Looks leggy to me though, doesn't cover as much ground as he used to and he doesn't have the same spring in his step. Should definitely be in the squad though, but I think Butterfield would be a good option to have when Bryson looks tired, he works extremely hard in every game he plays so he will need some rest.

I just believe Lampard could work some magic with Butterfield and I'm hoping he gets that chance ? 

5 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

I think I'm the only football fan in the world that rates Butterfield and probably the Huddersfield fans too.

I wish he could be given a chance under Lamps, he looked a class player when he first arrived, obviously took a big knock in confidence from our own fans and Wednesday fans but he has been played out of position at both clubs.

He was much better for us in a midfield 3 when he had the freedom in the final third to go and play. he's struggled in more defensive roles. He doesn't have the energy/legs Lampard demands from the two more attacking midfield players but he can play the killer pass that can open teams up. He's technically good. I think he has more to offer than Bryson now. Personal opinion, of course. 

He doesn't deserve the stick he's received at all. I'm actually quite embarrassed by it all. Hope he proves the haters wrong.

Queue the comment saying 'Butterfield, is that you?' ?

He has the ability to play that killer pass, yeah, the issue however is that he normally chooses a sideways or backwards pass instead...

Also when Huddlestone is in the side, anyone else's passing ability is going to pail in comparison and, with the recognition that Bryson is there for the energy to compensate for Huddlestone's lack of mobility and to enable Mount to roam, where does Butterfield fit in this system exactly?

Archived