Alexa, tell her I’m right and she’s wrong!

David

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Been talking to a mate who was an F16 fighter pilot for the USAF years ago. He said all spoken warnings in the cockpit are female because people (that's both men and women) react faster to a female voice!

Do they? counts me out then, i switch off.

8 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Been talking to a mate who was an F16 fighter pilot for the USAF years ago. He said all spoken warnings in the cockpit are female because people (that's both men and women) react faster to a female voice!

I was also in the RAF. I can confirm that a female voice is used in flight decks for general information or commands, however if it is an emergency the voice is male

In trying to connect to an echo dot, I have to install the Alexa app. Download this, then I'm asked to log into Amazon. When I enter the email address and password etc, I get a page which just says, you need to enable cookies in your browser. 

Now, cookies are already enabled. I have the normal amazon app installed, and I can use that without logging in, just as normal. 

I've cleared cache. Restarted phone. Uninstalled the app, and reinstalled. But everytime I try to log in on the Alexa app, I just get the message about allowing cookies. 

Anyway out of this cycle? Apart from chucking the dot into the bin? 

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 09:27, ketteringram said:

In trying to connect to an echo dot, I have to install the Alexa app. Download this, then I'm asked to log into Amazon. When I enter the email address and password etc, I get a page which just says, you need to enable cookies in your browser. 

Now, cookies are already enabled. I have the normal amazon app installed, and I can use that without logging in, just as normal. 

I've cleared cache. Restarted phone. Uninstalled the app, and reinstalled. But everytime I try to log in on the Alexa app, I just get the message about allowing cookies. 

Anyway out of this cycle? Apart from chucking the dot into the bin? 

What browser are you using?

Here's some generic suggestions for you to try:

Try adding the offending site to the Trusted Sites list
Use a different web browser such as Chrome or Firefox if possible
Switch on Compatibility mode for this site
If you have problems with a phone app, try on a desktop or laptop.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

What browser are you using?

Here's some generic suggestions for you to try:

Try adding the offending site to the Trusted Sites list
Use a different web browser such as Chrome or Firefox if possible
Switch on Compatibility mode for this site
If you have problems with a phone app, try on a desktop or laptop.

Good luck.

Using chrome, which I've never really had any problems with before. I couldn't find a trusted sites option. Anyway, I've just cleared cache again, and cookies this time too, which basically signed me out of most things. Re installed the app, and now all seems fine. 

Thanks for the help! 

• 3 weeks later...

More dumbass Alexa questions from me! Assuming there are people on here with more than one device. 

There is now one an echo thingy in the living room. It's linked to her amazon account. So for example, if you ask alexa to add something to a shopping list or whatever, it's her list it gets added to. I'm not sure you can link it to two accounts, ie mine and hers? 

So, if I get another echo, for the kitchen, (the main point of which is to use for radio), do we have to set that one up with her account also? Or could I have that one linked to mine? If I can link it to mine, can the two devices be linked to each other?? 

3 hours ago, ketteringram said:

More dumbass Alexa questions from me! Assuming there are people on here with more than one device. 

There is now one an echo thingy in the living room. It's linked to her amazon account. So for example, if you ask alexa to add something to a shopping list or whatever, it's her list it gets added to. I'm not sure you can link it to two accounts, ie mine and hers? 

So, if I get another echo, for the kitchen, (the main point of which is to use for radio), do we have to set that one up with her account also? Or could I have that one linked to mine? If I can link it to mine, can the two devices be linked to each other?? 

If it's like Google home, you teach them your voices. Then you can have a shopping list each. 

Archived