Supporters Charter Meeting Minutes | 6/11/18

Day

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The obvious thing is for all those without a subscription who want to watch the full 90, all pile round to @Boycie 's on a monday evening to watch it free in his man cave.

I've got a subscription, but i'll join you anorl.

On 29/11/2018 at 19:57, David said:

MM is thrilled with Frank’s work and says he has showed no signs of being a ‘rookie’

I get that he probably doesn't want to be publicly critical, but if he truly believes that, then how can any of us really trust his judgement?

There have been several occasions this season where Frank has made mistakes which are really just down to his managerial inexperience. He learns quickly from his mistakes though - which is all that anyone can ask.

Mel needs to either be honest about that, or he needs to pay more attention

12 hours ago, StivePesley said:

I get that he probably doesn't want to be publicly critical, but if he truly believes that, then how can any of us really trust his judgement?

There have been several occasions this season where Frank has made mistakes which are really just down to his managerial inexperience. He learns quickly from his mistakes though - which is all that anyone can ask.

Mel needs to either be honest about that, or he needs to pay more attention

Wouldn't Mel be talking about everything other than on the pitch? Things like on the training ground, handling the players, press conferences, dealing with other clubs, day to day jobs etc. 

8 hours ago, rynny said:

Wouldn't Mel be talking about everything other than on the pitch? Things like on the training ground, handling the players, press conferences, dealing with other clubs, day to day jobs etc. 

Yeah maybe - I wasn't there, and I'm aware that I'm commenting on the high-level minutes not what was actually said or the context.

9 hours ago, rynny said:

Must admit, that's how I took it.

Publicly discussing his private thoughts on match day team selection/formations/tactics/substitutions etc wouldn't be wise for any club owner.

...Probably as bad as sticking his oar into the dressing room, I'd say!

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

Yeah maybe - I wasn't there, and I'm aware that I'm commenting on the high-level minutes not what was actually said or the context.

I wasn't either. There is a highlight video, which I watched but really can't remember if that part was shown, maybe @Boycie can help?

(for a change) 

36 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Must admit, that's how I took it.

Publicly discussing his private thoughts on match day team selection/formations/tactics/substitutions etc wouldn't be wise for any club owner.

...Probably as bad as sticking his oar into the dressing room, I'd say!

Mel wouldn't do a thing like that. 

Again.

On 06/12/2018 at 22:25, G STAR RAM said:

Out of interest....which occasions?

The main one that sticks out is the incident where he got sent off. There have been loads of other little things that I've commented on at the time to friends, but nothing that immediately sticks in my mind and I can't be arsed to trawl my failing memory ?

edit: maybe the substitutions against Villa when he threw on two left backs and we immediately conceded two more goals before anyone actually understood what the new formation was meant to be!

Point is - he is learning, and he will make mistakes, it's not a bad thing and I have no problem with FL. I was just commenting on the reports that Mel said he showed no signs at all of being a rookie manager

3 hours ago, StivePesley said:

The main one that sticks out is the incident where he got sent off. There have been loads of other little things that I've commented on at the time to friends, but nothing that immediately sticks in my mind and I can't be arsed to trawl my failing memory ?

edit: maybe the substitutions against Villa when he threw on two left backs and we immediately conceded two more goals before anyone actually understood what the new formation was meant to be!

Point is - he is learning, and he will make mistakes, it's not a bad thing and I have no problem with FL. I was just commenting on the reports that Mel said he showed no signs at all of being a rookie manager

I feel fairly confident when I say anyone (if manager) at Rotherham that day probably would have done worse than Frank. 

13 hours ago, StivePesley said:

There as been a lot more experienced managers who have got them selves sent off. Some high profile ones, more than once in there careers. So I can't see how Frank's sending off can be put down to his managerial experience.

In man management honesty is not always rewarded as much as expediency.  Not sure why anybody should expect Mel To say something like ‘well apart from a couple of rookie errors frank has done ok’.  Imagine if your boss said something like that in front of your staff and customers!  Mel said exactly what he should say in the circumstances

14 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Not sure either if those were rookie moves, fans have been questioning selections and substitutes since the first ball was inflated, doesn’t matter if you’ve been managing for 1 season or 10, you’re going to make wrong decisions. 

Plenty of managers have also been sent to the stands, I actually don’t mind that as long it’s not a regular occurrence, showing a little passion and anger in the technical area is much better than a manager slumped in his chair chewing on the inside of his coat.

A67F6B0C-A06C-455F-B2A9-08F7B1239134.jpeg

Archived