You’re stranded on a desert island...

David

3 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

1d - Rifle and unlimited ammo

1d - Fishing rod, tackle and bait

8d - PC with full internet access

Would probably be able to either distill some alcohol or find something interesting to smoke, there's always google to work things out.

You’re way too clever ! ? ... the lack of booze was giving me concerns 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then I'd go with:

4d - Full library of books. Not sure 5 years is enough...

4d - King size bed & bedding. Normally you spend 1/3 of your life in it, but with all the books maybe 66%?

1d - Rifle and unlimited ammo. Just in case those nosy and frenzy missionaries manage to find my island.

1d - Fishing rod, tackle and bait. Daily activity.

Where do I sign? Can I go already?

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Is it hot or cold there?

Well I'd have assumed hot but now you've got me wondering about the semantics. Does the 'Desert' in desert island just mean 'Deserted'? I always picture hot and sandy...

I'm going to tweet Susie Dent, unless she's blocked me again.

20 hours ago, David said:

By yourself for 5 years. The island is full of wildlife, edible fruits and materials to build a shelter/shack. 

On arrival you are handed a shopping list which you can purchase items for the duration of your stay, now clearly this is a fantasy situation so if you choose a TV electricity would be provided, a fridge for your alcohol etc.

You have a maximum of 10d to spend:

8d - Mac with full internet access

6d - Unlimited supply of alcohol

5d - TV with access to BBC 1 & 2, ITV, C4 C5 only

5d - Unlimited music

5d - One take away delivery per month (Pizza, Indian, Chinese)

5d - Unlimited supply of chocolate

4d - A dog or cat with unlimited non human consumption food 

4d - Full library of books

4d - King size bed & bedding

3d - 1 Hour weekly call to a friend/family

2d - Netflix subscription, don’t forget you need a TV or Mac with Internet access

2d - Alcohol free lager/cider

2d - Daily newspaper

2d - Access to dcfcfans.uk

Music and Books will do me. See you later.

Ok, to clear things up.

It’s a deserted desert island, roughly 50 miles from the North beach coastline to the southern coastline and 46 miles from the west to the eastern coastline.

The coastline is 98% beach, with 2% being rocky areas although it’s possible to walk around the island if you wish, which you may as you’re there for 5 years.

During the day temperatures can reach into the high 30’s during the summer months and 10c at night, cooling to 15c in the day during winter and 5c at night.

The beaches on average are half a mile out to sea, behind that is a large forest area with running fresh water streams, fruit including bananas and coconuts, monkeys, boar, snakes, spiders and other little critters. There is also one tiger, nobody knows how it got there, but you should try and avoid at all cost if you only have a fishing rod in your hand.

The fishing would be extremely popular if people lived here, the water around the island is stuffed full of fish, you would have no problem hauling a few in for your supper, but don’t think about stocking up as the fridge if chosen is for alcohol only. 

If you choose to take a pet with you as a companion, all pet food is supplied, we like pets and feel you will have enough on your hands finding food, collecting water and maintaining a fire to worry about feeding your kitten.

22 hours ago, David said:

By yourself for 5 years. The island is full of wildlife, edible fruits and materials to build a shelter/shack. 

On arrival you are handed a shopping list which you can purchase items for the duration of your stay, now clearly this is a fantasy situation so if you choose a TV electricity would be provided, a fridge for your alcohol etc.

You have a maximum of 10d to spend:

8d - Mac with full internet access

6d - Unlimited supply of alcohol

5d - TV with access to BBC 1 & 2, ITV, C4 C5 only

5d - Unlimited music

5d - One take away delivery per month (Pizza, Indian, Chinese)

5d - Unlimited supply of chocolate

4d - A dog or cat with unlimited non human consumption food 

4d - Full library of books

4d - King size bed & bedding

3d - 1 Hour weekly call to a friend/family

2d - Netflix subscription, don’t forget you need a TV or Mac with Internet access

2d - Alcohol free lager/cider

2d - Daily newspaper

2d - Access to dcfcfans.uk

Firstly Is there any reason I have to have a Mac to enjoy internet access,are other brands banned in this solitary dictatorship?

However,I'd still go with the following whatever.

Library

Dog

Rifle

Fishing rod.

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Firstly Is there any reason I have to have a Mac to enjoy internet access,are other brands banned in this solitary dictatorship?

You are welcome to use inferior computers if you so wish once you have departed the Island of Davando

Fishing rod and tackle.

Mac and full internet so I can invite Eleanor Yeld Hutchings of Save our seas foundation to help me look after the marine wildlife. 

As she walks up the beach from the sea in her wetsuit it would like the Ronnie Corbett castaway sketch but I would not want a round of golf?

Archived