Overrated Players

AshfieldRam

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luca Modric. he's alright but best player in the world. Come on.

Pavel Nedved - Karol Pobosrky was probably just as good.

Rivaldo - one game in five where he did something half decent, the rest of the time he hid. Then I watched this youtube vid but decided to leave my comment about him being over rated to remind myself to have a word with myself ?

to be fair, the keeper should have had about 50 of those ?

On 02/12/2018 at 04:53, RamNut said:

George thorne - no idea why frank is freezing him out. Its the only thing about the new regime that i find distasteful. The poor bugger has battled back from injuries, and deserves a chance. 

If only it was as cut & dry as that.

He's simply not in the right physical condition for 1st team football at Derby County. I don't understand why people are struggling to trust the professionals at the club on this matter.

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Manè.

First impressions were that he was just a rapid guy with a good shot on him.

Now i'm not even convinced of that. Every time I see him on Match of the Day he just seems to get in Salah's way or try and go alone when an easy pass is on.

Mane for me as well, Salah and firmino are a class above him

On 4 December 2018 at 14:01, Smyth_18 said:

If only it was as cut & dry as that.

He's simply not in the right physical condition for 1st team football at Derby County. I don't understand why people are struggling to trust the professionals at the club on this matter.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with his physical condition tbh.

p.s. Page 4 and no-one has mentioned TL?

On 02/12/2018 at 04:53, RamNut said:

Jack grealish - excellent player.  Carries the ball well allowing villa to break. And then times the pass perfectly. Even when there are defenders snapping around his ankles only 1m away, he still retains controlled possession. Absolutely must play for england. 

Duncan mckenzie - great player. Would love to have seen him paired with charlie george. Clough only signed him to stop us getting him.

James maddison - total knob but a good player.

Jayden bogle - outstanding for an 18 year old. people can't see that he and malone are under instruction to push up and that this is what leaves space behind them. We play with wing backs in a back four. Will get better and better over the next few years. 

George thorne - no idea why frank is freezing him out. Its the only thing about the new regime that i find distasteful. The poor bugger has battled back from injuries, and deserves a chance. 

Bryson, russell and buxton - all three were great competitors who could be relied on to give 100%. Three players for £1.1m. All good signings. Great value for money. 

Agree with much of this.

Can’t understand why people say Buxton was overrated? I thought the key thing that made Buxton a hero was that he was playing in a division 2 or 1 leagues above his talent but gave 110% every game and wore his heart on his sleeve?

For me, perhaps the most overrated player during my years of watching football was David Beckham.  Had he been any other nationality, I doubt he would be the hero people seem to think he is.

Add to that the Real Madrid outfield ten during Iker Casillas’ Time in goal. Sure, there was some great talent in that team but if it hadn’t been for Casillas then they wouldn’t have been anywhere near as successful. He really was remarkable at his peak.

As for out lot, I never got the hype around Jeff Hendrick or Miles Addison

Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Neymar, Sol Campbell and many others can be added to that list. Oh...and Tottenham.

underrated - Mounir El Hamdaoui (has some injuries but we should have bought him when we had the chance), Park Ji-Sung, Mauro Camorenesi are three that always spring to mind.  Liverpool fans never appreciated Xabi Alonso (always favoured Gerrard) and Nedved and Riquelme never got the praise they deserved over here

Archived