Carson appreciation thread (Crazy Carson hating)

TheresOnlyWanChope

Just now, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Controversial as it sounds, I would start Roos against Southampton and if he played well I would give him a run in the team as first choice keeper , about time he is given a chance. If he doesn't look good, I would sign a new first choice keeper in the summer , one that kick and catch and command the box better,  Carson really doesn't fill me with confidence anymore like he did last season. 

Wouldn't disagree with that at all. Carson has been making increasingly more and more mistakes as the season is going, it's becoming a bit of a problem for us. His mistake vs Leeds (we'd have lost anyway) was at quite a crucial time.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Controversial as it sounds, I would start Roos against Southampton and if he played well I would give him a run in the team as first choice keeper , about time he is given a chance. If he doesn't look good, I would sign a new first choice keeper in the summer , one that kick and catch and command the box better,  Carson really doesn't fill me with confidence anymore like he did last season. 

I’d agree with that. Can’t continue with a goalie that can’t distribute. Having Roos against Southampton made a bigger difference than noticed I feel, cause he could actually kick it.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 01:12, Millenniumram said:

I’d agree with that. Can’t continue with a goalie that can’t distribute. Having Roos against Southampton made a bigger difference than noticed I feel, cause he could actually kick it.

?

Deary me, I can't stop laughing.

26 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

Just cant get my head around this ,he,s the best keeper we,ve had in years,kept us in so many games surely he deserves some credit for that,but i guess not.

Because blindly defending someone on reputation is silly. Nobody is denying Scott was good last year, I believe he is either in awful form or no longer good enough now though. Either way, we need competition because he's becoming unreliable.

Love Carson to bits, cost peanuts, has been the best goalkeeper since Poom in my eyes, been player of the season, never hides, and is one of the best goalkeepers in the division, all Keepers make mistakes, but Carson pulls off some match winning saves, get off his back and support him, if we lost Carson we would be in the poo.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

A club insider who wishes to remain anonymous expressed his bewilderment at Scotty becoming the new #1 DCFC scapegoat...

Keogh.jpg

Carson is hardly becoming number 1 scapegoat, I've actively said I think he's a good player and was absolutely excellent last year. Criticising a player's poor form isn't scapegoating him, I'm not blaming Carson for everything, I just think he could have done better with distribution and should have saved some of the goals that went in, I'd just like him to get some competition as I feel he may be complacent.

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Carson is hardly becoming number 1 scapegoat, I've actively said I think he's a good player and was absolutely excellent last year. Criticising a player's poor form isn't scapegoating him, I'm not blaming Carson for everything, I just think he could have done better with distribution and should have saved some of the goals that went in, I'd just like him to get some competition as I feel he may be complacent.

IT. WAS. A. JOKE. Even happyclapper #1 yours truly had a moan about his performance in the Leeds game. Just trying (and failing) to lighten the mood. 

Just now, 86 points said:

IT. WAS. A. JOKE. Even happyclapper #1 yours truly had a moan about his performance in the Leeds game. Just trying (and failing) to lighten the mood. 

My bad. Took that completely the wrong way, arguing with Leeds fans all day does something to your brain I reckon ?

Archived