Carson appreciation thread (Crazy Carson hating)

TheresOnlyWanChope

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/12/2018 at 11:31, rammieib said:

As a lot of posters have said, Carson sticks to his line like Super Glue. He should be coming out far more often and relieving the defenders by catching (or punching).

But the best bit is you just basically talked about three errors in one line and then your next line says he doesn't make many errors. Which is it?

He doesn’t make many errors so you make them up to support your point. Perhaps I should have pointed that out.

Most consistent keeper in the championship for three seasons, I can only think of the two goals against stoke and 1 goal against Chelsea where he’s been at fault this season. Hardly cause to call for him to be dropped. 

He would cost £8-10m to replace with someone of similar ability - money that could be spent where we actually need it 

On 05/12/2018 at 22:44, BramcoteRam84 said:

He doesn’t make many errors so you make them up to support your point. Perhaps I should have pointed that out.

Most consistent keeper in the championship for three seasons, I can only think of the two goals against stoke and 1 goal against Chelsea where he’s been at fault this season. Hardly cause to call for him to be dropped. 

He would cost £8-10m to replace with someone of similar ability - money that could be spent where we actually need it 

Yet again. Para one "He doesn't make any errors" and pats two "I can only think of 2 + 1 where he's been at fault"

Seriously, which is it?

On 07/12/2018 at 16:23, rammieib said:

Yet again. Para one "He doesn't make any errors" and pats two "I can only think of 2 + 1 where he's been at fault"

Seriously, which is it?

You obviously can’t read! Either that or you’re making things up again. I think you’ll find “many” is very different to “any”, and are we saying the criteria for a goalkeeper is they can’t make any mistakes. So is de gea a poo keeper now?! He’s made mistakes recently.

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

You obviously can’t read! Either that or you’re making things up again. I think you’ll find “many” is very different to “any”, and are we saying the criteria for a goalkeeper is they can’t make any mistakes. So is de gea a poo keeper now?! He’s made mistakes recently.

De Gea has made one but the guy is freak with some of his saves. He's the one goalie who regularly makes saves that I don't expect others to make.

Also look how many saves he makes with his feet - Carson should watch him!!!!

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Hate to keep pushing this, but his kicking was extremely dodgy again today. Almost playing the opponents in several times.

The issue is the number of times he's passed back to. 

If he hoofed it every time perhaps players would stop taking the easy option and would look forward.

Midfield players need to help by making space to receive the ball from the defence.

It will come as the team learns about its strengths and weaknesses. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I continue to be disappointed by Scott this season. His level has undoubtedly dropped this year, I know it doesn't help him the poo show going on in front of him, but he is making more and more errors. Time for competition?

Controversial as it sounds, I would start Roos against Southampton and if he played well I would give him a run in the team as first choice keeper , about time he is given a chance. If he doesn't look good, I would sign a new first choice keeper in the summer , one that kick and catch and command the box better,  Carson really doesn't fill me with confidence anymore like he did last season. 

Archived