V Swansea (h) match thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An excellent hour+ almost ruined by Carson's sticky feet, crosses coming in easily again and some awful hoofing and flicking on under no pressure. 

For 20mins there we did our best to throw away all the good stuff that came first. 

Carson doesn't claim anything in his 6 yard box. Might as well be a player. You have hands ffs! 

Midfield faded badly too. 

Just a complete loss of composure

Good win - hopefully we can beat Wigan to give us some momentum for Forest. 

5 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

7 pts above rowett lol, I think the later stoke sack him the better for us. Stoke will soar the CC table once they get a half decent manager

Until basically the last minute it was only 5 points difference and they still beat us last week. They are unbeaten in 7 and that includes games against us, Forest, Boro, QPR and Sheff Utd. I wouldn't be counting Rowett out just yet. His football might be boring, but he does get results.

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

DB3C7815-DCCE-4498-AC44-5C2A6111E904.thumb.jpeg.624cca9f0b7f383fad6b4d31da6223a3.jpeg

It’s been a long journey as a season ticket holder, from 6-year-old kid to 19-year-old pisshead, but today I reached a new low. Never before have I thrown up at a home game, let alone outside the Volkswagen shop. What a time to be alive.

Had you just found out the VW beetle is being discontinued .......?

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

DB3C7815-DCCE-4498-AC44-5C2A6111E904.thumb.jpeg.624cca9f0b7f383fad6b4d31da6223a3.jpeg

It’s been a long journey as a season ticket holder, from 6-year-old kid to 19-year-old pisshead, but today I reached a new low. Never before have I thrown up at a home game, let alone outside the Volkswagen shop. What a time to be alive.

Grounded and we want your phone and PlayStation.

Still overseas but excellent result after the stoke disappointment 

looks like our current best midfield was back in action Huddlestone Bryson and Mount - Marriott injury a bit of a concern 

Swansea still have some good players so still a good result.

i noticed that some on here target Bryson as the main scapegoat as Forsyth is now injured - the joys of being loyal and good at your job 

11 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

We’ve all been there. Well I have anyway. Usually away days got me with a 9 o’clock start on top of a skin full the night before.

Much better performance today, more control and better movement. Should’ve been more comfortable really, Bryson missing some good chances, but tbf Swansea defended well so. Excellent creativity and movement particularly from mount, Wilson and Lawrence, and nugent I thought did well as well to create space. No one really had a bad game tbf, Bogle was much better and Malone did well going forward.

The panic at the end is on frank imo, bringing Josefzoon on was a suicidal discision which I said at the time. He doesn’t defend so left the marauding and tired Malone isolated, and us without a proper presence up top which is what was required to see that out. Not to mention Josefzoon isn’t great on the left offensively either. But there we go, hopefully he’s learnt from that one. Lack of clean sheets a blemish on a much better performance, tho our lack of stopping crosses remains a concern, and while we’re not keeping clean sheets, everything is made that bit harder. 

27 minutes ago, Topram said:

Goal sounded like another cross aloud to be put in the box who’s side?

If I'm remembering it correctly it came into the 6 yard box in the air and was allowed to land on the floor right under Carson. 

It came from the left but Bogle allowed a good few in too. It's like they're too concerned about someone cutting inside. 

Both full backs did well enough for an hour. 

Malone one of the hoofers at the end but the brightest one going forward.  

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If I'm remembering it correctly it came into the 6 yard box in the air and was allowed to land on the floor right under Carson. 

It came from the left but Bogle allowed a good few in too. It's like they're too concerned about someone cutting inside. 

Both full backs did well enough for an hour. 

Malone one of the hoofers at the end but the brightest one going forward.  

Was a corner deliberately drilled in toward Carson who they knew wouldn’t claim anything as he hadn’t all day. That weakness is gonna keep being exploited unfortunately.

Archived