RiddingsRam

V Swansea (h) match thread

36 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Thought this was a potential banana skill so pleased that Swansea were poor - what's happened to Wilfred Bony, injured?

Thought Malone played well- can't remember the last time I saw somebody hoof the ball out of the ground.....

Roll on Wigan, decent record there in recent times...

I thought the same with Malone, yes he's not as defensively sound as we'd like, but he offers a lot going forward and his clearance against West Brom followed by his goal is still one of my highlights this season 

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

DB3C7815-DCCE-4498-AC44-5C2A6111E904.thumb.jpeg.624cca9f0b7f383fad6b4d31da6223a3.jpeg

It’s been a long journey as a season ticket holder, from 6-year-old kid to 19-year-old pisshead, but today I reached a new low. Never before have I thrown up at a home game, let alone outside the Volkswagen shop. What a time to be alive.

Right colour?

BBE7E8B8-22AE-47B7-B63C-E2E2F0545F53.jpeg

Edited by Ramarena

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

DB3C7815-DCCE-4498-AC44-5C2A6111E904.thumb.jpeg.624cca9f0b7f383fad6b4d31da6223a3.jpeg

It’s been a long journey as a season ticket holder, from 6-year-old kid to 19-year-old pisshead, but today I reached a new low. Never before have I thrown up at a home game, let alone outside the Volkswagen shop. What a time to be alive.

Whats the attraction with the flag pole?

Carson has changed this season.  Still a good keeper but not as good as he was. Maybe the change of the goal keeping coach wasn't such a good idea. 

He said last season he was in the form of his life. Get the old coach back. Was it that zubey fella? 

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Have we played today?

After Wednesday nights bed wetting session, isn’t it odd to see this thread so quiet?

Its natural don't be harsh. People have more to say when they are pissed off because we lost than when they are pissed off because we won

53 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its natural don't be harsh. People have more to say when they are pissed off because we lost than when they are pissed off because we won

I’m sure normal service will resume after our next defeat!

Watching the the Quest highlights I think (but my eyes aren't the best) it was mainly a mixup between Mount (on the near post) and Bryson (free in the box). Both moved to the ball to clear it, but then left it to each other. 

Expecting a low non threatening ball into the box to be cleared by either of those two at the near post, it was then past Keogh before he could react. 

Not a lot Tomori could do at the far post as he had to attempt to play it. No fault whatsoever for Carson who never had a chance to go for the ball. Really disappointing not to get the clean sheet but it's great to get back to winning ways, and with Marriott out injured. 

4 hours ago, Davide said:

Huddlestone was quality today. 

Really. As the holding midfield player he's slow to close the opposition down, is tackling is woeful, his passing is more negative than it is positive. He passes the ball backwards or sideways to his own defenders more times than he passes the ball forward. Keogh must pass the ball forward to an attacking teammate more times than Huddlestone.

Edited by 1of4

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Or it could also be because people spout off loads before the game about how poor the selection is, then don't come back on after the win as they might like a bit foolish. The next time you see them is after the next defeat, saying all the things that only apply after a loss.

Until Nugent went off, we were well in control of the game. He led the line well, prompting others around him to close down on Swansea's defence. Once he went off our forward line stop closing down giving Swansea more time and space to control the ball enabling them set up their attacks.

Edited by 1of4

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.