RiddingsRam

V Swansea (h) match thread

39 minutes ago, superzak said:

Looks like its just me then that thought that was an awful watch. Swansea are the worst team ive seen at P.P in a long time and in the second half we made them look far better than they are, by sitting back and trying to soak up pressure. The atmosphere in the ground was non existant as well.

Weird, you are usually so optimistic and satisfied.

Decent game. Should have scored at least two more and it would have been very enjoyable. 

Swansea are developing a young side. James and Rodon did quite well. Mcburnie did a good impression of steve claridge / iwan Roberts. But they caused us very few problems and we won despite displaying an over whelming desire to pass sidewards and backwards at times.

I quite liked the look of us when we lost nuge and had all of our mobile attacking midfielders on the pitch at the same time with lawrence central.

(see my proposed line up). 

We managed to find a way to concede, even though we left it late. 

15 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Really??

I thought Bogle really struggled today, no confidence going forward first half, always looking to do anything but cross the ball when high up down the flank, and was on toast defensively especially second half. Stopped 1 cross all match.

Teams are going to test us Down both flanks now as malone is looking shaky.

sort this out and we will be looking like contenders IMO, as there was some quality played today, the little flicks were actually paying off for a change. If only Laurence had put that chance away . It would’ve been remembered as an easy win, however we made hard work of it last  10 mins

I agree with this, going forward we are as good as anything  in this division, but our full backs need to stop crosses going into our box, because it puts to much pressure on us, Bogle is young and has time to learn, I would take him out of the team, so he can regained his confidence, as for Malone, not his biggest fan, but he does work hard, not bad going forward, but his defensive side of the game, needs to improve. 

46 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Surely anything in his 6 yard box he's got to claim. He has the advantage of being able to use his hands and getting free kicks easy.

Standing on his line there's about a handful of players on both teams it can bounce off.

But before all that we gave away momentum. Blind hoofs from Keogh, Malone, Huddlestone, Wilson... daft first time headers that just needed bringing down under no pressure by Malone, Huddlestone, Bogle and Bryson.

And the midfield fell into the trap of thinking Swansea were there to make the numbers up. 

Before the hour mark the game management and decision making was spot on. 

I've had concerns about Carsons' lack of command in the 6 yard box all season but in all honestly I wouldn't apportion any blame on him for the goal. The corner was hit quite flat and should have been headed away by the defenders covering the near post and edge of the 6 yard box. 

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

I guess that's Wilson back on the wing then where he will do sweet f all. Why are we not playing him back in midfield with Mount when that has been the combination that has made us look so dangerous this season. 

I know you picked the wrong game to voice this option but it’s not actually a bad point. Bryson sucks the creativity out of the midfield. Get them two with Hudds behind and have Waghorn wide. But what has Waghorn done wrong?? Frank put flojo and Holmes on instead of him today. Very nearly cost us all 3 points. 

Not a great game but a wins a win, strange decision with Lawrence up top when Nugent went off, Waghorn can’t be fully fit?

malone used his energy shots on the second half more that the ballboy was stashing for him

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

DB3C7815-DCCE-4498-AC44-5C2A6111E904.thumb.jpeg.624cca9f0b7f383fad6b4d31da6223a3.jpeg

It’s been a long journey as a season ticket holder, from 6-year-old kid to 19-year-old pisshead, but today I reached a new low. Never before have I thrown up at a home game, let alone outside the Volkswagen shop. What a time to be alive.

What happened? Did one of your mates tell you that Rowett had just been reappointed? 😉

35 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Really??

I thought Bogle really struggled today, no confidence going forward first half, always looking to do anything but cross the ball when high up down the flank, and was on toast defensively especially second half. Stopped 1 cross all match.

Teams are going to test us Down both flanks now as malone is looking shaky.

sort this out and we will be looking like contenders IMO, as there was some quality played today, the little flicks were actually paying off for a change. If only Laurence had put that chance away . It would’ve been remembered as an easy win, however we made hard work of it last  10 mins

I think Bogle had a much better second half until Montero started getting at him in the final few minutes - that bloke can fly.  My main criticism of his first half performance was the number of times Bryson made a run which would have put him clear of their defence but instead Bogle continued to lay the ball back to Keogh.

Thought we had a couple of refereeing decisions go our way - one which led to our second goal but overall I thought he did well. Far better than that cretin of a brother was.

Thought this was a potential banana skill so pleased that Swansea were poor - what's happened to Wilfred Bony, injured?

Thought Malone played well- can't remember the last time I saw somebody hoof the ball out of the ground.....

Roll on Wigan, decent record there in recent times...

Edited by Poynton ram

35 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Keeps our December record going  - not lost in December since 2014, now we've won 15 and drawn 7 👌

Cracking stat. If we keep the wins/draws ratio with no defeats going this year, I’ll be ecstatic; going to be well difficult this time.

Get past Leeds away, the potential in January and February is there to rattle a real haul of points.

Edited by Zag zig

46 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I know you picked the wrong game to voice this option but it’s not actually a bad point. Bryson sucks the creativity out of the midfield. Get them two with Hudds behind and have Waghorn wide. But what has Waghorn done wrong?? Frank put flojo and Holmes on instead of him today. Very nearly cost us all 3 points. 

Foghorn being nursed back I gather; begs the question why he was on the bench but lots of games coming so keep him fresh. 

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

DB3C7815-DCCE-4498-AC44-5C2A6111E904.thumb.jpeg.624cca9f0b7f383fad6b4d31da6223a3.jpeg

It’s been a long journey as a season ticket holder, from 6-year-old kid to 19-year-old pisshead, but today I reached a new low. Never before have I thrown up at a home game, let alone outside the Volkswagen shop. What a time to be alive.

I remember my first pint...

Worst team to grace the hallowed pride park turf this season, should of buried them 5 or 6. However the frailty of this back four made it a precious finish, many of fingernails bitten. Onto the next, love this roller coaster, love this team, love this season COYR 🐏🍻

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.