V Swansea (h) match thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think as yet we don't as a fan base really believe. We have been in and around the playoffs so often and failed it's almost a case of waiting to fail. We need something very special to get the expectation back. I hope this season we will get it. UTR

This, it’s like going out on the pull when you’ve failed 5 times on the spin. Might start talking to someone at the bar, but you’re not gonna have any optimism you’ll succeed in getting them back to the flat given the last 4 have ditched you as you went for a piss before you left.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think as yet we don't as a fan base really believe. We have been in and around the playoffs so often and failed it's almost a case of waiting to fail. We need something very special to get the expectation back. I hope this season we will get it. UTR

Only 17 pages on the match thread? Is everyone out crimbo shopping?

I thought after the West Brom,  Boro and Chelsea games we were on to something very special. However since the Villa second half we’ve gone off the boil a bit. Yesterday and the Sheff wed wins were a tiny bit like wins under Rowett eg. Having 2 shots on target and scoring.

Frank has a free hit this season in my world. However if we can pick up 6 more points in the next 3 that as us on 40 at the halfway stage and as most are saying (even Holloway) Wilson, Mount, Marriott, Tomari, etc. will only get stronger and better as the season goes on.  Coyr. 

I think we as a crowd sense that there is just a little something still to come but we aren't quite getting there. 15 shots but only 4 on target. We lack that killer instinct to take a team to the cleaners when we are on top.

Even Lampard keeps referring to it in his post match comments.  We're all waiting for the game where it 'clicks'.

Nearest we have come to it this season so far is at West Bromwich. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Even Lampard keeps referring to it in his post match comments.  We're all waiting for the game where it 'clicks'.

He does which suggests he will be doing something about it come January.

6 hours ago, Spanish said:

I haven’t rewatched it but immediate reaction was any goalie should be defending that area, as someone said he has the advantages of using his hands.  You may be right but there is a theme starting which was there last year but not so quite apparent as now

I agree when there's a high ball into the box.

But I'd say the advantage of using hands doesn't apply in this case because the ball went low and fast across the six yard area. Three Derby players could have kicked it away before it reached Tomori and the attacker at the far post. 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

This, it’s like going out on the pull when you’ve failed 5 times on the spin. Might start talking to someone at the bar, but you’re not gonna have any optimism you’ll succeed in getting them back to the flat given the last 4 have ditched you as you went for a piss before you left.

And the one time you actually get them back to the flat you fail to perform.

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I agree when there's a high ball into the box.

But I'd say the advantage of using hands doesn't apply in this case because the ball went low and fast across the six yard area. Three Derby players could have kicked it away before it reached Tomori and the attacker at the far post. 

Not Carsons fault at all.

We had no man defending the front post. Nigent had gone off - so there was no-one there. Mount was going to go and head it and I think became scared of a collision. Ultimately we just didn't have anyone there - i actually blame the manager/coach for this. Tough on Tomori as well.

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Not Carsons fault at all.

We had no man defending the front post. Nigent had gone off - so there was no-one there. Mount was going to go and head it and I think became scared of a collision. Ultimately we just didn't have anyone there - i actually blame the manager/coach for this. Tough on Tomori as well.

Even Frank couldn’t have got a touch from there!

22 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I once puked up on a coach to Bristol City in 1979. It stunk to high heaven and I was that embarrassed I came back on the train. I weren't even pished, it was a teenage hangover. Luckily it was a football special train and easy to blag your way on. I found out after that the coach waited for me with the stink of puke maturing nicely before they left for the pleasant trip back to Derby.

First stop Rochdale then it's on to the rest of the world........................

Archived