Johnson gives the ‘bite’ in midfield

jimbobram

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Johnson as a player, gives it his all and has had some really good games this season, however there is no defending him for what he did. He attempted to bite Allen, is someone seriously telling me that he wasn’t trying to do that and the shirt was his intended target...something my 2 year old would say as an excuse.

There is also no indication that Allen tried to bite him, a mark on his neck that’s it, one that looked like a scratch mark at worse. He was provoked no doubt, but to respond with a bite shows both the club and him in a bad light.

In no way am i defending him in any way but...

I think Sky Sports have a lot to answer for here.

Despite the Snake openly saying 'It was nothing, we won't be reporting it' they're still pushing it. It was clear and obvious from the outset of the programme that they had an obvious agenda against Derby because we've moaned about the TV deal. There was also a blatant defamation of character when the presenter inferred that 'there was more going off behind the scenes at Derby than people know'... I don't really understand law but isn't that slander against us based on no factual evidence? 

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I missed the match. But given Allen says, "He didn't bite me", I'm not sure what the fuss is about.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46383378

"It might look a certain way but he hasn't bit me," said Allen.

"He might have got a little bit of the shirt but nothing that I'm worried about and I don't think it should go any further that that."

It’s good of Allen to come out and squash it, won’t stop the media running the story trying to make something off it to fill Thursday’s click quota. 

Saying this will be Friday’s fish and chip paper doesn’t quite work these days! ?

There was a notorious case of biting some years ago in the game between Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, Germany's two big money clubs. The scandal was that Kahn wasn't even booked, never mind sent off.

The general consensus was that players of big money clubs could do anything they like with impunity. Kahn rightly got a lot of stick in the press for being such a banker.

In defence of the ref... yes, I did say that...  He stepped back, tried to take it all in, then with the help of his assistant(s)... yes, ASSISTANT(S)... acted accordingly/served the punishment.  A straight red for the brutal tackle, and a yellow apiece for the two emulating the last dance at Tiffany's/Pink Coconut/Romeo & Juliets! (Delete as applicable, but they all apply to me!)

Not only does that seem fair and just, but it was exactly the same approach (stepping back, eyes open, let the players do what they feel they have to do, discuss with assistants, then dish out the punishment) taken by the ref on the previous night, in our U23's game.  That ref got praise for his approach, certainly from the commo team, if not on here.

These are not boxing refs.  They shouldn't be expected to go wading in themselves, to split up the fighting hordes!

He got it bang on, on this occasion.  

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In defence of the ref... yes, I did say that...  He stepped back, tried to take it all in, then with the help of his assistant(s)... yes, ASSISTANT(S)... acted accordingly/served the punishment.  A straight red for the brutal tackle, and a yellow apiece for the two emulating the last dance at Tiffany's/Pink Coconut/Romeo & Juliets! (Delete as applicable, but they all apply to me!)

Not only does that seem fair and just, but it was exactly the same approach (stepping back, eyes open, let the players do what they feel they have to do, discuss with assistants, then dish out the punishment) taken by the ref on the previous night, in our U23's game.  That ref got praise for his approach, certainly from the commo team, if not on here.

These are not boxing refs.  They shouldn't be expected to go wading in themselves, to split up the fighting hordes!

Once he realiehe couldn't just play on like he initially wanted to. 

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Thing I can’t understand though is, if the Ref has gone to Allen/Rowett at the end of the game to ask them if he was bit and then Allen says yes then does he put it in the match report? Surely if he’s dealt with what he’s seen he can’t put anything else into the match report, so why is he asking them?

The way Sly Sports were pushing this both at half time and after the game was really, really odd imo.

GR: “Allen says he hasn’t been bitten so that should be the end of it”

*pans to studio, where they’re replaying the non conclusive clip for the 1235454355th time of the evening*

”Well it really needs looking at in detail, it’s not what you want to see at all, will be interesting to see what the FA do about this, shades of Luis Suarez, blah blah blah”

They talked more about a supposed bite than one of the worst tackles you will ever see! 

You’re then left with a few scenarios. Allen protecting Johnson by lying about it (why would he do that?), Allen lying about it because he knows he’s equally in the wrong and is protecting himself, or, wait for it, it was just a little coming together. 

Nope, must have just been Johnson doing the biting and he should be banned.

6 hours ago, AshfieldRam said:

In no way am i defending him in any way but...

I think Sky Sports have a lot to answer for here.

Despite the Snake openly saying 'It was nothing, we won't be reporting it' they're still pushing it. It was clear and obvious from the outset of the programme that they had an obvious agenda against Derby because we've moaned about the TV deal. There was also a blatant defamation of character when the presenter inferred that 'there was more going off behind the scenes at Derby than people know'... I don't really understand law but isn't that slander against us based on no factual evidence? 

I thought I’d misheard that at the start! At best it was implying he was constructively forced out.

7 minutes ago, nottingram said:

You’re then left with a few scenarios. Allen protecting Johnson by lying about it (why would he do that?), Allen lying about it because he knows he’s equally in the wrong and is protecting himself, or, wait for it, it was just a little coming together. 

Got to say I do wonder whether this happened, ie Johnson and Allen apologised after the game and were a little embarrassed so they agreed to sweep it under the rug once they saw Sky trying to run with it.

32 minutes ago, nottingram said:

.....Allen lying about it because he knows he’s equally in the wrong and is protecting himself, or, wait for it, it was just a little coming together.....

That was my first thought when I heard that Allen was playing it down - worried that if the FA investigate, he may be in more bother as well - though (unless I'm mistaken), if the Ref took action at the time (as he did by issuing yellow cards) then I thought the FA couldn't/wouldn't do anything else (as it effectively undermines the Ref) - unless he claims he booked them for 'dancing' and didn't see the original assault and the 'bite'....

Just wondering with all this going on with Bradley, Evans not ready, Bryson not up to speed and George playing, by all accounts, a good game for the U23’s ... might we see a certain GT knocking on the first team squad door ? Interesting test of Mr Thorne’s  mental attitude ? The kryptonite falls away and a hero returns 

(yeah, i know, wishful thinking but ...

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Just wondering with all this going on with Bradley, Evans not ready, Bryson not up to speed and George playing, by all accounts, a good game for the U23’s ... might we see a certain GT knocking on the first team squad door ? Interesting test of Mr Thorne’s  mental attitude ? The kryptonite falls away and a hero returns 

(yeah, i know, wishful thinking but ...

Yes, because he was a model of good behaviour on Monday night, no biting at all, just tried to strangle his opponent!

Archived