Johnson gives the ‘bite’ in midfield

jimbobram

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don’t think Allen and GR would be playing it down if he actually bit him. 

All that shows is him biting his shirt which is daft in itself. 

Doesnt surprise me one bit the officials missed it, took them 5 minutes to decide on a leg breaker! 

I just thought they both did that thing players do when kinda nuzzle into each other (presumably to show they aren’t going to headbutt the other). It was daft all round.

Not defending Johnson (although he only has the player's shirt in his mouth, not biting the player in his defence), but what the hall was Allen doing? I presume trying to distract the ref's attention away from the "tackle" to avoid the red card? He got involved with a player who was doing nothing more than point out to the ref how bad the challenge was.

On the angles shown I cannot see that there would be any retrospective action taken.All that you see is that their heads are in each others necks and when Johnson pulls his head back he has a mouth full off shirt.

There was not much made of it by the players at the time and more importantly the ref has booked both players so did not consider it warranted more than that.

This not clear bite like the Suarez one so unless there is a clear video or picture of a bite then this really a nothing incident.

6 hours ago, Parsnip said:

He's a naughty boy. He'll get into trouble for that. Also the ref ought to explain why he didn't do anything about it - he must've seen it.

The REF in true football fashion ran away and the two players were surrounded so probably did not see the incident.

Football refs need to grow a pair and take some tips from rugby refs. Stop the bad mouthing from players (instant yellow) bring in ten minute sin bins for a yellow.

Too many players on both sides tripping opposition up because they couldn't catch them or tackle them. 

A first offence means nothing and is no punishment, just makes you a little more cautious for the rest of the game

Rowett said stoke won’t pursue any action against Bradley as Allen said it was nothing. The FA might take it out if stokes hands and EFL too as they have a product to protect. There’s no place for it in the game.

In Johnson’s defence, he was certainly heavily provoked and I think was trying to Free himself. Allen definitely went for him first.

Be interesting to see what happens, but would be typical FA to see Bradley get an 8 or 9 game ban and Etebo get 3 games when in my view what Etebo did was far worst and could have ended up breaking Keogh’s leg.

Johnson was crap last night though, but then he’s not played recently. Think it was a bad selection call.

13 minutes ago, Rampant said:

If he's banned then we can't pick him. Suits me tbh. 

Any idea how far off Evans is from a return?

Quite away he played for the U23 the other night and was very quiet and rusty.In fact whilst he was on the pitch Thorne was easily the best player on it.

Problem with Evans his he has a history in the last few years of breaking down after a couple of games.He is worth s gamble but Reading fans did say he was injury prone.

Daft, really daft, but couldn’t believe my ears when those in the Sky Studio were mentioning Suarez in the same breath.

This is nothing like Suarez, clearly got hold of Allan’s shirt and as said above, the fact Stoke are not taking it further tells you all you need to know.

None of the footage really explains the mark on Johnson though, was it a bite for bite, a bang or just friction from the scuffle who knows. I wouldn’t expect Johnson to kick up a fuss either as the quicker this is forgotten the better.

All you need is the FA to wake up on the wrong side of the bed and you’re potentially looking at a lengthy ban, look at the way they are pursuing Mourinho now. 

And any fan that says “good” after he had a bad game as it means he won’t play again, just stop.

Let’s not forget it was his first game back for a while after losing his place which many thought was a tad harsh at the time. Wasn’t alone last night putting in a poor performance. 

One bad game and a defeat should not want you to wish a lengthy ban on one of our own players, even if written on the internet in the heat of the moment. 

This is our club, our team, they need our support, not crap like that.

Probably should have been 10 vs 9 after that incident, Allen and Johnson should probably both have gone too.

Allen was the initial aggressor, something has happened for Johnson to do that, thought he had a love bit when i saw him after :)

If the League take action it needs to be against both of them.

54 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Not defending Johnson (although he only has the player's shirt in his mouth, not biting the player in his defence), but what the hall was Allen doing? I presume trying to distract the ref's attention away from the "tackle" to avoid the red card? He got involved with a player who was doing nothing more than point out to the ref how bad the challenge was.

I was thinking exactly the same then realised he must have short man syndrome. 

Thought Johnson was very slow in getting back to snuff out danger , and seemed very half hearted in his attempts to put pressure on players, beaten far to easy .

Regarding the biting incident hard to see if Johnson actually bit Allen or just had a mouthful of shirt , either way pretty stupid thing to do, but could see why he was wound up, thought the officials were pretty poor again last night. I half expected Johnson to get sent off when Allen sneakily shoved Johnson into the back of the ref , when the ref had run off after Keogh had nearly had his leg snapped by a ridiculous tackle. 

The officiating was summed up by a clear throw in for Derby just before the incident that the linesman was right next to and had absolutely no idea who to give it to,he first had his flag in one hand quickly swopped it over and had absolutely no idea and waited for the ref to make the decision from the middle of the park.

Cant blame the officials for the defeat though even if they were poor, we never really got to grips with having a numerical advantage , we had all the play but never really created any chances other than long range efforts.

Archived