McDonald’s

David

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sharing individual items of food (be that from a buffet or other) is fine.

Dipping is also fine, if said food item is dipped once, then placed wholly and fully into ones gob.  This way, only "clean" food gets dipped in the sharing pot.

"Double dipping" is a term used when one person dips said food item in said ketchup, then licks/bites/sucks/chomps on said food item, perhaps (typically) devouring a third, or half of said food item, before removing it from the lips/mouth, and returning the remaining part of that same said food item back to the ketchup.  So not too dissimilar to just spitting in the pot, then!

I'm happy to double dip with my missus (as I'm also partial to ramming my tongue in some... if not all... of her orifices), but I wouldn't be too keen to double dip with other members of the family... especially someone else's family that we don't even know!

Double dipping does have other definitions. 

On 29/11/2018 at 16:10, Mucker1884 said:

What friggin' Nuggets?  It was an Elk Burger!  Jeez, is nobody listening!!!

...Oh wait... that bit doesn't matter.  Sorry!

Were any fries dipped as that opens a new can of worms? This gets stranger and stranger and we need answers now!

On 28/11/2018 at 22:01, David said:

Traces of faeces have been found on every single McDonald’s touchscreen swabbed in an investigation by metro.co.uk.

Samples were taken from the new machines that have been rolled out at restaurants across the country – every one of them had coliforms.

Senior lecturer in microbiology at London Metropolitan University Dr Paul Matawele said: ‘We were all surprised how much gut and faecal bacteria there was on the touchscreen machines. These cause the kind of infections that people pick up in hospitals.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/poo-found-on-every-mcdonalds-touchscreen-tested-8178486/?ito=cbshare

There is a thin layer of plop on everything that large numbers of people touch .... everything

There is also a thin layer of wee wee on everything too

..... and i imagine baby glue

Something to not worry about - its what your immune system is for.

You can fight the pooh power and wash your hands ?

8 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Because of poo on pennies, or a more general move towards a cashless society?

The poo. I used to work in a mental health home. The nurses would think nothing of putting change in people's hands so they could go and buy fags off the 90 year old lady in the corner shop. Even if they'd been smearing poo over their bedroom walls. You'd tell the manager about it and just get a shrug and some nonsense about financial abuse.

I heard a story from a former colleaue about a pick and mix I won't share. 

2 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

There is a thin layer of plop on everything that large numbers of people touch .... everything

There is also a thin layer of wee wee on everything too

..... and i imagine baby glue

Something to not worry about - its what your immune system is for.

You can fight the pooh power and wash your hands ?

Agree. But the number of times I see men washing their hands after having a wee, under the tap. Just water. That's no good at all. You need soap. Water is merely the agent to move the soap around. 

5 hours ago, Norman said:

Does anybody on here wash their hands BEFORE a wee. My mate does it. 

And when I think about, you probably should.

You pay too much attention to your mates toilet habits.

On 28/11/2018 at 22:31, David said:

True. Can't expect them to wash the screen after every use. I do question their thought process in installing these, did hygiene not come up?

They should have gone down the same path as Wetherspoons, allow customers to order and pay through an app whilst leaving the traditional counters for those that are not into technology.

Could even order and pay for your food before arriving, in and out. 

You can, on the official My McDonald's app...

Unofficially, if you know the number of the branch you can even phone an order in

Went to my doctors this morning and was surprised to see that there was one of these interactive screens that you had to use to check-in for your appointment. I almost went back to the car for a pair of gloves after reading this thread. Bodily fluids aside these screens shouldn't be there due to the risk of spreading all kinds of germs, surely or am I being over sensitive?

52 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Went to my doctors this morning and was surprised to see that there was one of these interactive screens that you had to use to check-in for your appointment. I almost went back to the car for a pair of gloves after reading this thread. Bodily fluids aside these screens shouldn't be there due to the risk of spreading all kinds of germs, surely or am I being over sensitive?

Bodily fluids on the check-in screen? Where on earth do you live? What sort of people go to your gp's that can barely get through the door without taking a leak or knocking one out on it?

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Bodily fluids on the check-in screen? Where on earth do you live? What sort of people go to your gp's that can barely get through the door without taking a leak or knocking one out on it?

Well if you read this thread, it happens in McDonalds up and down the country so why not the docs? ? 

On 05/12/2018 at 15:02, Norman said:

Does anybody on here wash their hands BEFORE a wee. My mate does it. 

And when I think about, you probably should.

After 20+ years of marriage, my knob is the one place I have complete confidence in being clean.

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Was there not a bottle of hand sanitizer beside the screen? There normally is. 

Archived