McDonald’s

Day

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, David said:

Traces of faeces have been found on every single McDonald’s touchscreen swabbed in an investigation by metro.co.uk.

Samples were taken from the new machines that have been rolled out at restaurants across the country – every one of them had coliforms.

Senior lecturer in microbiology at London Metropolitan University Dr Paul Matawele said: ‘We were all surprised how much gut and faecal bacteria there was on the touchscreen machines. These cause the kind of infections that people pick up in hospitals.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/poo-found-on-every-mcdonalds-touchscreen-tested-8178486/?ito=cbshare

Someone obviously had a nappy meal.

Slightly off topic... but not enough to get excited about...

Party of six... country pub... decent grub to be fair... The female Canadian in our party decided she wanted ketchup with her Elk Burgers, which was duly ordered, and brought direct from the kitchen in a small open top ceramic pot, coupled with one of those really fancy teeny tiny spoons!  Fair enough/No drama/All good.

...Just as we were finishing, and a little bewildering (to us), a waitress came up and asked if we'd finished with the ketchup.  Shockingly, she then proceeded to place it on a nearby table for the couple who obviously fancied a similar pulped tomato fruit based accompaniment to their food.

Now, as our Canadian Lass wasn't sharing her ketchup with not no fecker ("or else"!), it's fair to say she had no need to give any unselfish consideration to the perils of double dipping, so she double-dipped to her hearts consent!

...I don't think the other couple noticed where the waitress had fetched their ketchup from, and hey... we were leaving anyway!!!  

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Slightly off topic... but not enough to get excited about...

Party of six... country pub... decent grub to be fair... The female Canadian in our party decided she wanted ketchup with her Elk Burgers, which was duly ordered, and brought direct from the kitchen in a small open top ceramic pot, coupled with one of those really fancy teeny tiny spoons!  Fair enough/No drama/All good.

...Just as we were finishing, and a little bewildering (to us), a waitress came up and asked if we'd finished with the ketchup.  Shockingly, she then proceeded to place it on a nearby table for the couple who obviously fancied a similar pulped tomato fruit based accompaniment to their food.

Now, as our Canadian Lass wasn't sharing her ketchup with not no fecker ("or else"!), it's fair to say she had no need to give any unselfish consideration to the perils of double dipping, so she double-dipped to her hearts consent!

...I don't think the other couple noticed where the waitress had fetched their ketchup from, and hey... we were leaving anyway!!!  

Unless I've missed something, I really don't see the problem with that. It's just 2 people sharing "food" from one pot.

Presumably you've been to self service buffets?.

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

Unless I've missed something, I really don't see the problem with that. It's just 2 people sharing "food" from one pot.

I wouldn't double dip in the ranch dressing on a buffet. To be honest I'd probably avoid it because I know other people will be double dipping.

However, did your elk-burger ordering friend think where that condiment had come from? What's to say it wasn't on the table of another group of diners?

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Nobody, and I mean nobody, uses my sauce pots. And i don't use theirs. I don't want their mouth germs multiplying in my sauces before I dip again.

Hate people who eat half a chicken nugget, then dip back in with the teeth mark side.

Dirty feckers.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Maybe you missed the "double dipping" part

No but it's just 2 different people using the same ketchup spoon. It's not as if the first person licked the spoon, or scratched a sensitive area with it (unless they did).

Just now, Wolfie said:

No but it's just 2 different people using the same ketchup spoon. It's not as if the first person licked the spoon, or scratched a sensitive area with it (unless they did).

See this post on what double dipping is

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

Hate people who eat half a chicken nugget, then dip back in with the teeth mark side.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

Nobody, and I mean nobody, uses my sauce pots. And i don't use theirs. I don't want their mouth germs multiplying in my sauces before I dip again.

Dirty feckers.

Dipping food is one thing, but a spoon was used wasn't it?.

I'm getting far too involved in this, I know. ?

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Sharing individual items of food (be that from a buffet or other) is fine.

Dipping is also fine, if said food item is dipped once, then placed wholly and fully into ones gob.  This way, only "clean" food gets dipped in the sharing pot.

"Double dipping" is a term used when one person dips said food item in said ketchup, then licks/bites/sucks/chomps on said food item, perhaps (typically) devouring a third, or half of said food item, before removing it from the lips/mouth, and returning the remaining part of that same said food item back to the ketchup.  So not too dissimilar to just spitting in the pot, then!

I'm happy to double dip with my missus (as I'm also partial to ramming my tongue in some... if not all... of her orifices), but I wouldn't be too keen to double dip with other members of the family... especially someone else's family that we don't even know!

11 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I wouldn't double dip in the ranch dressing on a buffet. To be honest I'd probably avoid it because I know other people will be double dipping.

However, did your elk-burger ordering friend think where that condiment had come from? What's to say it wasn't on the table of another group of diners?

We did notice it came from the kitchen, and "appeared to be a clean, freshly filled pot, but you're right, of course.  It wasn't something we gave any consideration to until this happened!

We've not been back!

9 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Dipping food is one thing, but a spoon was used wasn't it?.

I'm getting far too involved in this, I know. ?

Sorry, No... Lack of clarification on my part... the fancy spoon was far too posh for a Canadian.  It went ignored and unused.  She dipped... doubly and merrily!

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Doesn't matter about the spoon/fork/other. You're dipping the half eaten food (nuggets/chips/other) back into the sauce

What friggin' Nuggets?  It was an Elk Burger!  Jeez, is nobody listening!!!

...Oh wait... that bit doesn't matter.  Sorry!

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

What friggin' Nuggets?  It was an Elk Burger!  Jeez, is nobody listening!!!

...Oh wait... that bit doesn't matter.  Sorry!

Did she enjoy her hot dog? 

Archived