McDonald’s

David

Traces of faeces have been found on every single McDonald’s touchscreen swabbed in an investigation by metro.co.uk.

Samples were taken from the new machines that have been rolled out at restaurants across the country – every one of them had coliforms.

Senior lecturer in microbiology at London Metropolitan University Dr Paul Matawele said: ‘We were all surprised how much gut and faecal bacteria there was on the touchscreen machines. These cause the kind of infections that people pick up in hospitals.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/poo-found-on-every-mcdonalds-touchscreen-tested-8178486/?ito=cbshare

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, David said:

Traces of faeces have been found on every single McDonald’s touchscreen swabbed in an investigation by metro.co.uk.

Samples were taken from the new machines that have been rolled out at restaurants across the country – every one of them had coliforms.

Senior lecturer in microbiology at London Metropolitan University Dr Paul Matawele said: ‘We were all surprised how much gut and faecal bacteria there was on the touchscreen machines. These cause the kind of infections that people pick up in hospitals.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/poo-found-on-every-mcdonalds-touchscreen-tested-8178486/?ito=cbshare

More of an indictment on the scum bags who dont know how to keep clean than McDonald’s,  only have to look at kfc etc on match day, some people must live in filth the way they think its acceptable to leave the table

28 minutes ago, David said:

Well if the food doesn't poison you?

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

More of an indictment on the scum bags who dont know how to keep clean than McDonald’s,  only have to look at kfc etc on match day, some people must live in filth the way they think its acceptable to leave the table

True. Can't expect them to wash the screen after every use. I do question their thought process in installing these, did hygiene not come up?

They should have gone down the same path as Wetherspoons, allow customers to order and pay through an app whilst leaving the traditional counters for those that are not into technology.

Could even order and pay for your food before arriving, in and out. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Totally agree I always tidy up an area where I have been eating or in the pub take glasses back to the bar. Leave it nice as possible for the next person. 

10 hours ago, David said:

True. Can't expect them to wash the screen after every use. I do question their thought process in installing these, did hygiene not come up?

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

I bet there's traces on many tables in every pub. 

...and every door handle / hand rail / bus or train seat. The air FFS.

Bacteria is everywhere - It's what your immune system is for. Is there any evidence of anyone falling ill from a McDonalds screen?. Of course not.

A couple of years ago, a client of mine was developing a technology to sanitise the cloths you see them cleaning coffee shop milk steamers with. He had all the evidence of the presence of loads of types of bacteria on these cloths - and in high concentrations - but he failed to get any investment or funding because there was no evidence whatsoever that anybody had actually been harmed by it.

I lived on a farm for 25 odd years and I never had allergies until I moved out into my own "clean" house. Anti-bacterial wipes etc should be banned. A bit of muck does you good.

You go to McDonald’s to eat though, make your order then minutes later digging into fries.

Holding on in the bus or the tube after fat Harry has been on scratching his anus is a little different.

”Wash your hands before you eat” all Mum’s remind you of that surely?

Of cause you have bacteria in public places, you need a little in you for your body to handle. Going squeaky clean can actually be dangerous but still, not sure public touch screens in fast food restaurants is the way to go.

People fall ill all the time and spread infections, would be difficult to follow the trail, but would not surprise me if these screens play their part with the fingers to mouth action.

9 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Anti-bacterial wipes etc should be banned. A bit of muck does you good.

Not banned - but you're right, there is a real danger in over-sanitising stuff. They should at least educate people properly as to when and where they should be using anti-bac products and what the effect is.

What next? Anti-bacterial gut wash, that kills all the bacteria in your digestive system? Let me know how that one goes for you clean freaks!

Back on topic though - worse than the ordering screens at McDs are the flippin' kiddie tablets that they put on some of the tables. Who thought it was a good idea to let kids use shared touch screens whilst eating greasy food with their fingers? Utterly mingin

Archived