Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've just had a quick look and LA Galaxy fans still rate him highly. I wasn't aware that he had the most assists out of any defender in the MLS with nine - a couple more than Russell. 

It seems like he's still playing to a fairly good standard, so hopefully we're getting a good experienced player in a position we need help in. It's certainly going to bring on another shitstorm from the media anyway. 

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

Sensible IMO. Hopefully on reduced wages and only until end of season. Lowe struggled since he’s come back (admittedly only played 2 games). Players will learn a lot from him too.

Not sure how much he would be earning in the MLS to be fair, I know they have wage caps over there that they have to abide to. 

Would be a good option for a deal until the end of the season, hopefully if this is true the added experience at the back could be vital to the current youngsters growth and that is the most important thing. I worry however though that this is the lazy link put out there.

Not sure what he is like to have around the dressing room, can't be too bad to have stuck around for this long. 

7/10 would be my rating if he were to join. Not that my opinion matters. 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Someone who could help tell the other defenders where to stand would be worth his weight in this team...........I bet we wouldn't see Ashley popping up at inside forward like Scott Malone did a couple of times last night.......?

At one point in extra time he looked up and saw that the only man ahead of him was Tomori ?

39 minutes ago, David said:

The big downside to all this is the Lowe Aberdeen thread being resurrected by @Inverurie Ram, every single picture ever to be taken of him in a Aberdeen shirt, any newspaper column that prints his name will be posted in bulk for the next 6 months. Won’t feel like he’s even left us, I’m about to see Max Lowe’s face more than my own missus. ?

I like hearing about Lowe’s progress from @Inverurie Ram.

An added bonus is that it distracts him from posting ridiculous song ideas and a music video for every situation?

If anyone can help Jayden Bogle with stopping crosses, as so many focus on, there's probably not many better suited than Ashley Cole.

He’s a short term solution for our LB back up that’s been forced by injury, so I think he’s fine.

I think chucking Max Lowe right back into the middle of a championship play-off race when he’s been progressing so well and having a good time at Aberdeen might have ended up being counter-productive. Might not have even played regularly if Malone stays fit.

With Davies out, Pearce gone and no guarantee we’ll get an experienced CB in this window, this is probably one of the times where signing an experienced player is worth it. Will help out the young defence too.

As much as I love the idea of having two Academy players starting as our full backs, we may have to wait for next season.

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Apparently was only on £5-6k/week at Galaxy. If he's that cheap (not like he needs the money) then why on earth not until the end of the season.

I think that's what he was offered to resign with them, something to do with how the wage cap is spilt. I think he was on decent money over there, not eye watering but enough. 

Archived