Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the average wage in the championship is £20,000 per week £5/6,000 per week doesn't sound that bad. He would probably be one of the lowest paid in the squad apart from the younger lads. Defence certainly needs something adding to it - even if just a bit of coaching from Cole to our fullbacks.

22 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

No from me

Unless he half his current wage he is on

You got some inside info there b4 ? Think you will be surprised how low a wage he was actually on at L.A , when he went out there he was one of there "allocated" players allowing them to pay him basically what they wanted too . As time went on though and he became Les valuable to the team and they needed more designated players , he dropped to a non designated player meaning they could pay homage maximum of £6k per week ! So really we could be in for a real bargain here and he could be that experience we need in and around the dressing room that might make the difference this year ! 

11 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

He still on more than I am on in a year.

He was on £6k B4. For someone who was pretty much the best LB in the game a while back, that figure seems remarkably reasonable to me irrespective of what you yourself earn. Do you not think he could improve the likes of Lowe and Bogle immeasurably and would that not be a massive boost to our defensive capabilities, both now and in the future? And if Frank thought him worth the money would that not be a tip in itself?

If we’re looking at players who will be on wages which match the earnings of B4, I think we might struggle. Saul Deeney might be a possibility again, although with the staff discounts for Showcase cinema employees he might be better off there, or maybe a supermarket. Tesco pay quite well now if you’re willing to do night shifts.

29 minutes ago, David said:

If we’re looking at players who will be on wages which match the earnings of B4, I think we might struggle. Saul Deeney might be a possibility again, although with the staff discounts for Showcase cinema employees he might be better off there, or maybe a supermarket. Tesco pay quite well now if you’re willing to do night shifts.

Ouch!

Not seen any of him in MLS las that couple of years so can’t judge ability now but A few weeks back when we were talking about a defensive coach I was wondering about Chris Baird as a coach and emergency back up player largely to work with and mentor Lowe and Bogle, so Cole as a player and mentor (maybe the odd bit of coaching thrown in if he’s doing his badges and needs it) would make sense. 

18 hours ago, steve brummie said:

So let me get this straight..

Ashley Cole plays for the same club as Zlatan but would earn more in an East Midlands Championship team?

Do we get a discount for the two? ?

We don't need that much of a discount. Zlatan was only on £23,000 per week in the MLS - reckon we can tempt him if we round it up to £25,000. 

Archived