Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I thought he wanted to fly the nest back to Aberdeen again.

When 'taking it to the Max', it helps if you have the right one.

58 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I don’t know what to make of this if I’m honest. 

I like Malone, but he does a lot of running and I feel some games he needs a rest. Looks as if they decided Lowe isn't ready. Cole seems a reliable option. I'd expect he comes reasonably cheap - he doesn't need the money and players would resent it if a mate of Frank's was on a big whack. 

It's obviously short term and therefore pretty low risk. The potential upside seems much bigger than the potential downside. Of course time will tell. 

Who knows how good he will be now... It's a relatively cheap deal and can only be a positive ... more exposure for derby and a great role model for the youngsters. Have a sneaky suspicion if he plays well he may stay on for another 12 months as a player/coach. 

Mel has hinted Frank wants another coach in the past and this would make sense. I think he's England's best ever LB and one of the best full backs of all time in his prime.

We are lucky to have him.

One of those "really?!" moments. I had it when Frank joined and look how that's turned out. I'm going to stay positive. Frank is no mug and there's no way he'd sign a 38 year old if he didn't think he'd do a job. Same for Cole. He doesn't need this but thrives on the challenge. Win / win I say.  And if last year was anything to go by he can still do a job:

Watch "WATCH: The Best of LA Galaxy captain Ashley Cole in 2018" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/MOOfEaGxmBQ

Archived