Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just listened to talksport transfer update and there was a bloke on that sounded like he knew what he was talking about . Said Cole wasn't knackered just yet  and would be an allright signing ………………. that's good enough for me . 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

RB all the way through his youth career with the odd game in midfield. Got switched to the left when on loan to Stuttgart. It wasn’t until 09/10 that he switched back to the right. 

I stand corrected @Ghost of Clough ! You learn something every day!! Lahm is my favourite right back of all time ( albeit a former left back!) My favourite left back is Maldini-what a defence it would have been to have two players like that on the flanks !

19 minutes ago, Robram said:

Just listened to talksport transfer update and there was a bloke on that sounded like he knew what he was talking about . Said Cole wasn't knackered just yet  and would be an allright signing ………………. that's good enough for me . 

Was he speaking Argentinian, and prepared to back it up with PowerPoint stats?  

1 hour ago, rcarso1 said:

I stand corrected @Ghost of Clough ! You learn something every day!! Lahm is my favourite right back of all time ( albeit a former left back!) My favourite left back is Maldini-what a defence it would have been to have two players like that on the flanks !

Are they available?

10 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

That really made me laugh. Since we’re being silly, it is not widely known that Philip Lahm has a daughter named Cara. 

I'll admit that one took me a few minutes and multiple accents to get!

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ve just realised that the best thing about coke signing is that it would mean he makes his derby county debut at 38. That means I’ve still got a couple of years where it could happen. The dream isn’t over yet. 

********Stat Alert********

If we signed him and he played then he'd be our oldest outfield player in modern history, beating McGrath by a year. 

Only Kevin Poole and Peter Shilton would beat him!

Quite excited by this. 

I'm 32 and in my era he's the best left back I've seen play for England and for a time he was the best left back in the world.

One of the only players I've seen come up against Ronaldo on quite a few occasions and not give him a sniff.

Even if he's at 70-80% of that. He'll still be one hell of a player.

Remember us signing Paul McGrath at 37 and how class he was (and he didn't train and was pissed half the time)

He's a couple of weeks younger than John Terry and when Terry signed for Villa everyone said he's finished. Turns out he was absolutely superb and they still haven't replaced him.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If you hear yourself jeering inanely at everything other people say you've really cracked it.

Then I become eligible to be part of the next Derby-based Question Time audience.

Archived