Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

Isn't life splendid? I hope he's in the squad for Accrington - they're already  more excited in playing us than they would have been Southampton. I'm not surprised with Frank as Manager and now a chance to see Cole as well.

I hope they sell out, make a shed load of money and we give them a good game (but win!) 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Looking good and speaks well does our Cole for an old fella not sure about the bloke chatting to him though, I bet he's wearing his best brown leather jacket and giving it his best mockney cockney swagger! @OwenB87 Up The Rams!

"He could be so good for us!"

20 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Yea tbh I'm not a big fan of this signing. Think it could ruffle some feathers needlessly.

Ruffle whose feathers? Do you mean Max Lowe? He is in Aberdeen. Or was it Forsyth? He is injured. Or Wisdom? I doubt will ever play for us again after Leeds. Anya? Frank has basically said he needs to find another club if he wants first team action this season.

Malone needs some competition especially since he has his own fitness/injury problems. I know Bird can play left back, but his main position is in midfield.

Seems like a low risk signing all round.  I can’t see why feathers would be ruffled.  If you are an existing fullback at the club I imagine you’d be itching to learn from one of the best exponents of the art in recent times.  Even if he is in a decent weekly wage, it isn’t for very long (and isn’t going to be anywhere near what he was earning at his peak... one would hope anyway!), he might add a few more bums in seats - or a bit more corporate interest in the club - which all adds up... and if he doesn’t play much then what have we really lost?

Archived