Curtis Davies or Tomori ?

SamUltraRam

I love the way Tomori has grown into his role as center back but lets not forget, Curtis Davies performed at a different level last season,

Tomori - very dynamic & mobile, rapid in open play and able to carry the ball forward when needed, Suspect for losing his man in a dead ball situation

Davies - dependable, experienced, a leader,  A player that every team dreams of

So which would you choose ??

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I love the way Tomori has grown into his role as center back but lets not forget, Curtis Davies performed at a different level last season,

Tomori - very dynamic & mobile, rapid in open play and able to carry the ball forward when needed, Suspect for losing his man in a dead ball situation

I’d have them both in the team. They both add their own unique strengths. Tomori is too good to leave out. 

3 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Both, with Tomori at RB. He's proved he can defend and his weakness to date appears to be getting under too many long balls hit from the wings. Played at RB this becomes less off a risk and his pace could be an asset going forward.

Just now, Ellafella said:

I’d have them both in the team. They both add their own unique strengths. Tomori is too good to leave out. 

Agreed... and I wouldn't ditch Keogh to cater for it either.

If it's true what folk on here are saying about Tomori's capabilities as a full back, I'd try that option... but what do I know?  

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Yes; he’ll be extra-motivated. 

He will when “we” give him a hard time, which is what I expect plenty will do. Don’t know why, his leaving wasn’t a bad thing and the fee was fair I.m.o

Anyway Davies for me.

Tomori is the long term Keogh, he's got pace and can be an absolute beast in defence at times, other times he plays like a headless chicken. 

My worry is his tendency to go flying in, ref could've sent him three times over on Saturday yet he still ran the length of the pitch to take out one of their defenders. 

Great in a fluid attacking team, when it's back against the wall he struggles. 

Archived